Summer Veggie Saute with Shrimp
and pancetta, leeks, zucchini, and tomatoes
Summer Veggie Saute with Shrimp:
- Pancetta - 6 oz , chopped
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 1/2 lbs
- Garlic - 2 cloves , minced
- Leeks - 3 , white parts chopped
- Basil leaves - 8 , sliced
- Zucchini - 1 lb , diced
- Tomatoes, any type - 12 oz , diced
- Grassfed butter - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Wine, white - 1/2 cup
- Lemon - 1/2 , juice of
- Pancetta - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Shrimp - Defrost, rinse and drain. Pat dry with a paper towel and sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
- Garlic / Leeks - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Basil - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Zucchini / Tomatoes - Prep as directed.
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat. Add butter and then leeks, garlic, and a sprinkle of salt to melted butter. Saute for ~2 minutes.
- Add pancetta and shrimp and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add white wine and saute for another 3 minutes or until absorbed by leeks.
- Add zucchini and tomatoes and saute for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and finish with lemon juice and basil. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed. Enjoy!