Summer Veggie Saute with Shrimp
and pancetta, leeks, zucchini, and tomatoes
- Pancetta - 6 oz, chopped
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 1/2 lbs
- Garlic - 2 cloves, minced
- Leeks - 3, white parts chopped
- Basil leaves - 8, sliced
- Zucchini - 1 lb, diced
- Tomatoes, any type - 12 oz, diced
- Grassfed butter - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Wine, white - 1/2 cup
- Lemon - 1/2, juice of
- Pancetta - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Shrimp - Defrost, rinse and drain. Pat dry with a paper towel and sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
- Garlic / Leeks - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Basil - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Zucchini / Tomatoes - Prep as directed.
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat. Add butter and then leeks, garlic, and a sprinkle of salt to melted butter. Saute for ~2 minutes.
- Add pancetta and shrimp and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add white wine and saute for another 3 minutes or until absorbed by leeks.
- Add zucchini and tomatoes and saute for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and finish with lemon juice and basil. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed. Enjoy!
Had this with fish. Loved it! Made the farro with chicken stock.0 Helpful
Subbed prosciutto for pancetta and chicken for shrimp.0 Helpful
This was so flavorful! I was surprised by it, actually.0 Helpful
I added ground beef to make this more substantial. Really yummy.0 Helpful
Substantial, delicious, and healthy. We loved it!0 Helpful
This was so much better than I expected - I didn't have creme fraiche on hand so I topped with crumbled feta. Love the lemon/basil/feta/veggies combo.0 Helpful