Summer Veggie Saute with Shrimp
and pancetta, leeks, zucchini, and tomatoes
Summer veggies shine in this hearty saute that are tied together with white wine and aromatic pancetta. Full of textures and flavors, you'll feel like you ordered this off a restaurant menu!
Summer Veggie Saute with Shrimp:
- Pancetta - 6 oz , chopped
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 1/2 lbs
- Garlic - 2 cloves , minced
- Leeks - 3 , white parts chopped
- Basil leaves - 8 , sliced
- Zucchini - 1 lb , diced
- Tomatoes, any type - 12 oz , diced
- Grassfed butter - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Wine, white - 1/2 cup
- Lemon - 1/2 , juice of
- Pancetta - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Shrimp - Defrost, rinse and drain. Pat dry with a paper towel and sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
- Garlic / Leeks - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Basil - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Zucchini / Tomatoes - Prep as directed.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat. Add butter and then leeks, garlic, and a sprinkle of salt to melted butter. Saute for ~2 minutes.
- Add pancetta and shrimp and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add white wine and saute for another 3 minutes or until absorbed by leeks.
- Add zucchini and tomatoes and saute for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and finish with lemon juice and basil. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed. Enjoy!