Summer Veggie Saute with Brown Rice
with leeks, zucchini, tomatoes and corn
Summer veggies shine in this hearty saute that are tied together with white wine, creme fraiche and aromatic leeks. Full of textures and flavors, you'll feel like you ordered this off a restaurant menu!
Summer Veggie Saute with Brown Rice:
- Rice, brown (uncooked) - 2/3 cup
- Garlic - 2 cloves , minced
- Leeks - 3 , white parts chopped
- Corn kernels (fresh or frozen) - 1 1/4 cups
- Basil leaves - 8 , sliced
- Zucchini - 1 lb , diced
- Tomatoes, any type - 12 oz , diced
- Butter - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Wine, white - 1/2 cup
- Lemon - 1/2 , juice of
- Creme fraiche - 3 Tbsp
- Rice - Fill a saucepan or Dutch oven (or rice cooker) with rice, water (use 2:1 ratio for water to rice), and some salt. Cover with lid and bring to a boil. Once water boils, stir, lower heat to a low-medium, and cover. Rice is done when it's absorbed all the water (~45 minutes for brown rice). If it's not done, leave the cover on until all water has been absorbed. Take cover off to release steam and fluff with a wooden spoon after 5 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Garlic / Leeks / Corn (if using fresh) - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Basil - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Zucchini / Tomatoes - Prep as directed.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat. Add butter and then leeks, garlic, and a sprinkle of salt to melted butter. Saute for ~2 minutes.
- Add white wine and saute for another 3 minutes or until absorbed by leeks.
- Add zucchini and tomatoes and saute for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Fold in brown rice and corn. Stir until corn is warmed up (for frozen) or cooked through (for fresh).
- Remove from heat and finish with lemon juice, basil, and creme fraiche. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed. Enjoy!