Summer Farro Sautewith leeks, zucchini, tomatoes and corn
Summer veggies shine in this hearty saute that are tied together with white wine, creme fraiche and aromatic leeks. Full of textures and flavors, you'll feel like you ordered this off a restaurant menu!
- Semi-pearled / husked farro (uncooked) - 2/3 cup
- Garlic - 2 cloves, minced
- Leeks - 3, white parts chopped
- Corn kernels (fresh or frozen) - 1 1/4 cups
- Basil leaves - 8, sliced
- Zucchini - 1 lb, diced
- Tomatoes, any type - 12 oz, diced
- Butter - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Wine, white - 1/2 cup
- Lemon - 1/2, juice of
- Creme fraiche - 3 Tbsp
- Cook farro - Combine farro, water, and some salt in a saucepan (use a 4:1 water to farro ratio, as in 4 cups of water / 1 cup of uncooked farro). Bring to a boil and simmer covered for 25 to 30 minutes, until farro is al dente (i.e., tender but still chewy). (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Garlic / Leeks / Corn (if using fresh) - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Basil - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Zucchini / Tomatoes - Prep as directed.
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat. Add butter and then leeks, garlic, and a sprinkle of salt to melted butter. Saute for ~2 minutes.
- Add white wine and saute for another 3 minutes or until absorbed by leeks.
- Add zucchini and tomatoes and saute for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Fold in cooked farro and corn. Stir until corn is warmed up (for frozen) or cooked through (for fresh).
- Remove from heat and finish with lemon juice, basil, and creme fraiche. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed. Enjoy!
This meal has 45 reviews
Had this with fish. Loved it! Made the farro with chicken stock.
Subbed prosciutto for pancetta and chicken for shrimp.
This was so flavorful! I was surprised by it, actually.
I added ground beef to make this more substantial. Really yummy.
Substantial, delicious, and healthy. We loved it!
This was so much better than I expected - I didn't have creme fraiche on hand so I topped with crumbled feta. Love the lemon/basil/feta/veggies combo.