with 4th of July Spinach Salad
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1 Tbsp
- Garlic powder - 1 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Beef, ground (lean) - 1 1/4 lbs
- Mozzarella, fresh - 6 oz, sliced
- Tomatoes, beefsteak (or similar large tomato) - 1, sliced
- Basil - 12 leaves
- Hamburger buns - 4
- Vinegar, balsamic - 6 tsp
- Strawberries - 8 oz, sliced
- Vinegar, balsamic - 2 Tbsp
- Maple syrup - 2 tsp
- Mustard, dijon - 2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 3 Tbsp
- Baby spinach - 4 oz
- Blueberries - 4 oz
- Almonds, shaved or slivered - 1 oz
- Season beef - Mix soy sauce, garlic powder, and pepper into ground beef and then form into 0.5” / 1.3cm thick patties and press thumb into center of the patty, forming a little crater. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Strawberries - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Mozzarella / Tomatoes / Basil leaves - Prep as directed.
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together balsamic vinegar, syrup, Dijon and oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Give patties a light sprinkle of salt right before grilling.
- If cooking on a grill: Heat up grill to 500F. Brush grates with some oil and then grill patties for 2 minutes on each side over direct heat (i.e., over the flames). Then move patties to indirect heat, close the grill and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes for medium-rare, 3 to 4 minutes for medium, and 5 to 6 minutes for well-done. Buns can be toasted on the grill at the same time (~2 minutes on the hot grill should do).
- If cooking on stovetop: Heat up a grill pan to high heat. Brush with some oil, and then grill patties for 2 minutes on each side. Then lower heat to medium and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes for medium-rare, 3 to 4 minutes for medium, and 5 to 6 minutes for well-done. Toast buns on the grill pan at the same time if there is room or wait till after patties are done (~2 minutes on the hot grill should do).
- Place patties onto bottom buns. Top with fresh mozzarella, basil leaves, and tomatoes. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar (it’s best to pour into a spoon and then drizzle from spoon). Close burgers with the top bun.
- Toss vinaigrette with baby spinach, strawberries, blueberries and shaved almonds and enjoy with warm burger.
Very good salad.0 Helpful
my household really enjoyed this meal. every thing really complimented each other. the only thing i did differently was add avocado to burgers because that is how i eat my caprese salad normally. dressing was tasty however there was an abundance of it0 Helpful
I should put more salt on the burger next time, but it was great!0 Helpful
Salad was incredibly tasty!!0 Helpful
Yum! Salad was great, burger was great!0 Helpful