Mediterranean Pork Chops
with baba ghanoush and Greek salad
The spice rub on these pork chops give them intense Mediterranean flavor as does the creamy addition of baba ghanoush, a roasted eggplant spread. Greek salad on the side packs this filling dinner with of color and flavor.
Mediterranean Pork Chops:
- Pork chops (bone in or out) - 1 1/2 lbs
- Thyme, dried - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
- Oregano, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Red pepper flakes - 1/4 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Baba ghanoush, store-bought (look for this eggplant spread in the deli section) - 1 cup
- Olives, pitted Kalamata - 1/2 cup , chopped
- Cucumbers, medium - 1 , diced
- Tomatoes, medium - 2 , chopped
- Oil, olive - 2 tsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 tsp
- Heat a skillet with cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add pork chops to heated oil. Sear on each side for ~3 minutes. For thin pork chops, this should be enough heat to cook them through. If you’re using thicker pork chops, lower heat and cover with a piece of foil until pork reaches 145F (63C) degrees.
- When done, let pork rest, covered for at least 5 minutes.
- While pork rests, toss olives, cucumbers and tomatoes in olive oil and vinegar. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Spread baba ghanoush on serving plates and top with pork. Enjoy with Greek salad on the side.