Mediterranean Pork Chops
with baba ghanoush and Greek salad
- Pork chops (bone in or out) - 1 1/2 lbs
- Thyme, dried - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
- Oregano, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Red pepper flakes - 1/4 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Baba ghanoush, store-bought (look for this eggplant spread in the deli section) - 1 cup
- Olives, Kalamata, pitted - 1/2 cup, chopped
- Cucumbers, medium - 1, diced
- Tomatoes, medium - 2, chopped
- Oil, olive - 2 tsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 tsp
- Heat a skillet with cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add pork chops to heated oil. Sear on each side for ~3 minutes. For thin pork chops, this should be enough heat to cook them through. If you’re using thicker pork chops, lower heat and cover with a piece of foil until pork reaches 145F (63C) degrees.
- When done, let pork rest, covered for at least 5 minutes.
- While pork rests, toss olives, cucumbers and tomatoes in olive oil and vinegar. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Spread baba ghanoush on serving plates and top with pork. Enjoy with Greek salad on the side.
Used sliced eggplant instead of cubed, and the egg wash before dipping in the parm/panko mixture like others suggested. I forgot to salt it beforehand, but it still turned out good.0 Helpful
We made this with chicken instead of the eggplant. Very tasty!0 Helpful
This tasted ok, but felt messy and relatively unhealthy compared to other meals0 Helpful
It was good had to make it open faced maybe would of cut into strips vs chunks0 Helpful
Used egg as per previous suggestions. Still cubed but served on fresh pasta instead as didn't feel like sandwiches. Baked in oven for 15 minutes. Cubes made it easy for the kids to eat (and enjoy!)0 Helpful
I agree with other reviewers that the breading didn't stick well, but I kind of mashed my eggplant together and used copious amounts of oil, and managed to get it to work. Next time I would probably use an egg wash. Otherwise, even the hubby liked it, and he always whines about veggie meals.0 Helpful