Orzo with Grilled Vegetables
and peach, arugula salad
Orzo with Grilled Vegetables:
- Cheese, parmesan (opt) - 1/2 cup , grated
- Bell peppers, red - 2 , cored and halved
- Zucchini, medium - 1/2 lb , sliced
- Eggplants, Chinese (sub Italian eggplants) - 1 lb , sliced
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Orzo - 1 1/2 cups
- Tomatoes, diced (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can
Peach and Arugula Salad:
- Peaches - 2 , chopped
- Arugula - 4 oz
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Vinegar, balsamic - 1 Tbsp
- Cheese - Grate cheese. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Bell peppers / Zucchini / Eggplants - Core red peppers and slice in half. Slice the zucchini and eggplant into ½” (1.25 cm) thick slices. Store vegetables in one container. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Peaches - Chop peaches.
- If cooking on grill: Preheat grill to 500F (260C) degrees. Clean grates and brush with cooking oil. Place veggies over direct heat. Season with some salt and pepper. Sear veggies for 3 to 4 minutes each side, with the cover closed. Check veggies and continue cooking until tender and golden brown.
- If cooking on stove: Heat grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush with cooking oil. Place veggies onto hot grill pan (cook in batches if needed). Season with some salt and pepper. Grill veggies for 3 to 4 minutes each side. Check veggies and continue cooking until tender and golden brown.
- Bring a stock pot of water to boil over high heat. Season with salt and add pasta. Cook until al dente, tender but not soggy. Drain.
- When vegetables are cool enough to handle, roughly chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss pasta with grilled vegetables and diced tomatoes (including liquid). Top with cheese.
- Combine arugula and peaches. Toss with olive oil. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Serve pasta with salad on the side and enjoy!