Orzo with Grilled Vegetables
and peach, arugula salad
- Cheese, parmesan (opt) - 1/2 cup, grated
- Bell peppers, red - 2, cored and halved
- Zucchini, medium - 1/2 lb, sliced
- Eggplants, Chinese (sub Italian eggplants) - 1 lb, sliced
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Orzo - 1 1/2 cups
- Tomatoes, diced (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can
- Peaches - 2, chopped
- Arugula - 4 oz
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Vinegar, balsamic - 1 Tbsp
- Cheese - Grate cheese. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Bell peppers / Zucchini / Eggplants - Core red peppers and slice in half. Slice the zucchini and eggplant into ½” (1.25 cm) thick slices. Store vegetables in one container. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Peaches - Chop peaches.
- If cooking on grill: Preheat grill to 500F (260C) degrees. Clean grates and brush with cooking oil. Place veggies over direct heat. Season with some salt and pepper. Sear veggies for 3 to 4 minutes each side, with the cover closed. Check veggies and continue cooking until tender and golden brown.
- If cooking on stove: Heat grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush with cooking oil. Place veggies onto hot grill pan (cook in batches if needed). Season with some salt and pepper. Grill veggies for 3 to 4 minutes each side. Check veggies and continue cooking until tender and golden brown.
- Bring a stock pot of water to boil over high heat. Season with salt and add pasta. Cook until al dente, tender but not soggy. Drain.
- When vegetables are cool enough to handle, roughly chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss pasta with grilled vegetables and diced tomatoes (including liquid). Top with cheese.
- Combine arugula and peaches. Toss with olive oil. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Serve pasta with salad on the side and enjoy!
Didn't make citrus butter and left out the jalapeño from the salsa. Family is so used to more creative CS meals that they didn't love having a big hunk of chicken even though the marinade was good.0 Helpful
This was yummy! I didn't try the citrus butter, but based on all the other reviews, it sounds delish!0 Helpful
This was a huge hit at my house. Chicken had a great, subtle flavour. Marinated it for about 10 hours. It took a lot longer than 3 to 4 minutes per side to cook because my chicken was pretty thick. I cooked my corn in my instant pot (3 minutes on high, with two cups of water and the corn in a steamer basket) and it came out perfectly. Left the jalapeno out of the salsa. My husband said he likes all the parts of the meal and even had seconds.0 Helpful
The picture definately has more protein on its plate than 4 oz!0 Helpful
citrus butter made the meal0 Helpful
Didn't use garlic, jalepeno or the coriander and it was still delicious. Best part is that citrus butter over sweet corn. It took time, but was pretty easy to put together.0 Helpful