Balsamic Marinated Chickenwith peach salsa and corn on the cob
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Lemons - 1, zest of
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Vinegar, balsamic - 1 Tbsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Chicken breast tenders (or boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced) - 1 lb
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Bell peppers, red - 1/2, finely chopped
- Jalapeños, chopped (opt) - 1/2, chopped
- Green onions - 1, chopped green parts, white parts discarded
- Peaches - 3, chopped
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Oil, olive - 1 tsp
- Butter - 4 Tbsp
- Limes - 1, zest of
- Coriander, ground - 1/4 tsp
- Paprika, smoked - 1/4 tsp
- Corn, fresh - 4 ears
- Marinate chicken - Peel garlic and crush cloves with the palm of your hand. Combine garlic with lemon zest, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey and mustard. Tenderize chicken with a fork and pour marinade over top. Let chicken marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 days. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Bell peppers / Jalapenos / Green onions - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make citrus butter - Heat butter in the microwave just until softened, ~10 seconds. Combine with lime zest, ground coriander and paprika. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Corn - Shuck corn. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Peaches - Chop peaches.
- Make salsa - Combine bell peppers, jalapenos, peaches, green parts of green onions, lemon juice and olive oil.
- If cooking on grill: Heat grill so that burners or coals are at high heat on one half of grill, leaving the other half for cooking with indirect heat. When grill is hot, clean grates and brush with cooking oil. Place corn over indirect heat and cook, turning occasionally, until tender, 10 to 12 minutes. After corn has cooked for a few minutes, remove chicken from marinade (discard marinade) and sear on both sides over hottest part of grill. Transfer chicken to indirect heat until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- If cooking on stovetop: Boil a large stockpot of water. When water boils, add corn and boil until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- If cooking on stovetop: While corn cooks, heat a grill pan or frying pan with cooking oil over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade (discard marinade) and transfer to heated oil. Sear on both sides for 3 to 4 minutes each, until cooked through.
- Serve chicken with peach salsa on top. Just before serving, rub corn with citrus butter. Enjoy!
This meal has 59 reviews
This was yummy! I didn't try the citrus butter, but based on all the other reviews, it sounds delish!
This was a huge hit at my house. Chicken had a great, subtle flavour. Marinated it for about 10 hours. It took a lot longer than 3 to 4 minutes per side to cook because my chicken was pretty thick. I cooked my corn in my instant pot (3 minutes on high, with two cups of water and the corn in a steamer basket) and it came out perfectly. Left the jalapeno out of the salsa. My husband said he likes all the parts of the meal and even had seconds.
The picture definately has more protein on its plate than 4 oz!
citrus butter made the meal
Didn't use garlic, jalepeno or the coriander and it was still delicious. Best part is that citrus butter over sweet corn. It took time, but was pretty easy to put together.
I marinated the chicken all day then cooked it stove top. It was delicious.