BBQ Grilled Cheese with Soyrizo
and zucchini succotash
- Bread, sandwich - 8 slices
- Butter - 2 Tbsp + 2 Tbsp
- Cheese, mild cheddar - 4 slices
- Soyrizo - 8 oz
- Barbecue sauce (use your favorite brand) - 1/2 cup
- Shallots - 2 bulbs, chopped
- Zucchini, medium - 3, chopped
- Corn kernels, frozen or fresh - 2 cups
- Cilantro - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1/2 tsp
- Butter - 1 Tbsp
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Assemble grilled cheese sandwiches by spreading half the bread slices with first portion of butter. Place the slices buttered-side down in hot pan. Top with cheese and soyrizo. Spread the remaining bread slices with BBQ sauce and then add, sauce-side down. Cook until bottom of bread is golden brown, ~3 minutes. Spread the top pieces of bread with remaining butter and then flip and cook on the other side until filling is completely melted, ~3 minutes more.
- While sandwiches cook, heat a second frying pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and zucchini to heated oil. Saute until zucchini begins to brown on the outside, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add shallots and saute until shallots soften, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add corn, vinegar and butter and continue cooking until corn is heated through, ~1 minute more. Stir in cilantro and season with some salt and pepper.
- When sandwiches are finished cooking, cut them into slices.
- Serve sandwiches with succotash on the side. Enjoy!
I made these as a quesadilla instead of a grilled cheese. So good!0 Helpful
Good Flavors, tried the paleo because I had sweet potatoes leftover from Monday already chopped up and my fiancee brought home leftover pulled pork from work, so it quickly came together tonight. Sadly the sweet potatoes didn't cook through, but we love zucchini and tomatoes. :)0 Helpful
This is my go to crock pot pulled pork recipe.0 Helpful
This is a hit, make again0 Helpful
Good! Definitely needed the BBQ sauce for pork, erred on dry.0 Helpful
Used pre-cooked pulled pork and Franklin BBQ sauce. So delicious!0 Helpful