Mustard Roasted Fishwith broccoli, peas and spinach
This fish dish is an absolute crowd pleaser and also super simple to make. Coconut milk kefir combined with lemon juice makes a creamy, indulgent topping.
- Broccoli - 1 lb, chopped
- Garlic - 4 cloves, minced
- Onions - 1, diced
- Coconut oil - 1 Tbsp
- Frozen peas - 4 oz
- Dried thyme - 1 tsp
- Baby spinach - 4 oz
- Shallots - 2 Tbsp, minced
- Tilapia or cod (4 to 6 oz fillets) - 4 fillets
- Dried thyme - 1/2 tsp
- Lemons - 1, juice & wedges
- Capers (opt) - 1 Tbsp
- Dijon mustard - 1 Tbsp
- Coconut milk kefir - 1/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 425F (218C) degrees
- Heat a >3.5 quart (3.3 liters) Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbs. (15 ml) cooking oil and then minced garlic to heated oil. Add diced onions with a dash of salt. Sauté for 3 minutes, until softened and translucent
- Add broccoli with 1 tsp. (5 ml) thyme and 1⁄2 tsp. (2.5 ml) kosher salt. Saute for 10 minutes, until softened but still crunchy
- Mix together 1⁄2 tsp. (2.5 ml) dried thyme, shallots, 1 tbs. (15 ml) lemon juice, capers, Dijon mustard, and coconut milk kefir with 1⁄4 tsp. (1.25 ml) kosher salt
- Place fish into a baking pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and then cover with mustard mixture. Bake in oven for 12 to 15 minutes depending on thickness of fish
- Check if broccoli is almost done. Fold in peas and spinach. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes and then season to taste with salt and pepper
- Enjoy fish with lemon wedges. The mustard / kefir turns into a natural sauce. Serve over lentils
This meal has 69 reviews
I added a lot of lemon juice to the lentils because I like my lentils lemony.
Doubled the sauce to cover the cauliflower
Loved the lentils but didn't like the sauce for the fish
I really liked this dish. Huge fan of the capers!
My husband and I loved this meal. It was creamy and delicious. He made sure to tell me to save it as a favorite and can't wait for me to make it again. It was even great for leftovers.
Will definitely double the sauce if I make his again with a full head of cauliflower.