Chicken and Mango Lettuce Cups
with creamy cashew dipping sauce
If you made Monday's chicken and mushrooms, these lettuce cups with fresh herbs and sweet mango will be a breeze to put together. (Even if you didn't, just follow the instructions for quick prep.) Serve the lettuce cups with creamy cashew dipping sauce for a dinner that the whole family can have fun putting together.
- Cashew butter - 1/3 cup (sub almond or other nut butter)
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 2 Tbsp
- Sriracha (opt) - 1 tsp (sub hot sauce)
- Water - 3 Tbsp
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 1/2 lbs, sliced
- Honey - 3 Tbsp
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 3 Tbsp
- Mushrooms, any button (look for pre-sliced to save time) - 8 oz, sliced
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Carrots, small (look for pre-shredded to save time) - 2, matchsticks
- Cucumbers, medium - 1, matchsticks
- Basil, fresh - 12 leaves, leaves torn
- Mint, fresh - 16 leaves, leaves torn
- Mangos - 1, sliced
- Avocados - 1, sliced
- Lettuce, romaine (sub butterhead) - 12 leaves
- Marinate chicken - (Skip this step if chicken was already made on Monday.) Cut chicken into 1” (2.5 cm) cubes. Combine honey, aminos and water and pour over chicken pieces. Marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to a day. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Make dipping sauce - Whisk together cashew butter, honey, aminos (the portions for the sauce) and sriracha. Add water a bit at a time until sauce reaches a smooth, pourable consistency. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Carrots / Cucumbers - Prep as directed and store in one container. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Cook chicken and mushrooms - (Skip this step if chicken and mushrooms were made on Monday.) Thinly slice mushrooms and remove any tough stems. Heat a wokor saute pan over medium-high heat. Add first part of cooking oil. Add mushrooms and saute until mushrooms are tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to a plate and return pan to heat. Add second part of cooking oil. Use a slotted spoon to transfer chicken to hot wok, reserving marinade, and saute until chicken is nearly cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the cooked mushrooms back to the wok along with all of the reserved marinade and continue cooking until marinade reduces and coats chicken, ~2 minutes more. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Basil / Mint/ Mangos / Avocados / Lettuce - Prep as directed.
- If the chicken and mushroom filling was made ahead and you would like it to be warm, reheat it briefly in the microwave or in a frying pan with a bit of oil over medium heat.
- To assemble lettuce cups, fill lettuce leaves with chicken and mushrooms. Top with carrots, cucumbers, mango, avocado and finish with basil and mint.
- Repeat until you have no more filling. Serve lettuce cups with dipping sauce!
I made this as a rice bowl instead of rolls. So good!!0 Helpful
Flavors are good, but what a hassle to make. I like the peanut sauce a lot.0 Helpful
Made it as a salad instead of lettuce cups. Quite good.0 Helpful
My absolute fav!0 Helpful
The chicken was unwieldy in the spring rolls but everyone still loved it. I also made noodles and dressed them with the sauce.0 Helpful
Made about 9 rolls, maybe I overstuffed them?0 Helpful