Mediterranean Turkey Burgerswith a Greek salad
Very few people can resist a good burger, so I'm not surprised this meal made it to your favorites list. We boost the taste of these turkey burgers with chopped sundried tomatoes and some mint. Since it's summer, we're going to switch our oven directions out for a grill pan.
- Sundried tomatoes (in oil) - 1/3 cup, chopped
- Red onion - 1, 1/2 diced, 1/2 sliced for burger toppings
- Mint - 2 sprigs, chopped
- Ground turkey - 1 1/2 lbs
- Panko or breadcrumbs - 1/3 cup
- Crushed garlic - 1 Tbsp
- Kosher salt - 1 tsp
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp
- Cheese (opt) - 4 slices ((your fave burger cheese - we love creamy fontina))
- Burger buns - 4
- Tomatoes - 1 to 2, sliced ((for burgers))
- Burger condiments of choice
- Mint - 2 to 3 sprigs, chopped
- English / Persian cucumbers - 1 lb
- Grape tomatoes - 1 pint, halved
- Romaine hearts - 1, chopped
- Lemons - 1 1/2 Tbsp, juice of
- Olive oil - 3 Tbsp
- Feta (opt) - 4 oz, crumbled
- Heat a grill pan over medium high heat. Add 1 tbs. (15 ml) oil and then patties to heated oil. Sear for 3 minutes on each side. Then lower heat to medium, and cover pan with a lid or aluminum foil. Cook for another 6 to 8 minutes, until temperature of patties reach 165F (74C) degrees. Top with cheese in the last minute. Remove and lightly toast buns on grill pan.
- While burgers are cooking, chop cucumbers, tomatoes, and romaine for salad. Make vinaigrette by mixing lemon juice and oil. Toss salad ingredients together with rest of the mint and feta.
- Slice red onion and tomatoes for burger toppings and top burgers with whatever condiments you like!
- Freeze leftover buns for next time.
This meal has 7 reviews
good standby meal
salad was great, hated the turkey burgers.
I think next time I would switch the turkey for lamb. They weren't bad, but I think I like ground turkey when it's in meatballs and spaghetti.
Turkey burger was surprisingly delicious. Made a few modifications - used rice flour, a yellow onion and 1 tsp garlic powder (instead of fresh). Great with melted provolone.
3 stars for the salad. My husband even liked it. not so keen on the burger.
Yummy. I added about double the amount of mint. However, the 1.5 lbs of turkey got me about 7 very good sized burgers.