Mediterranean Turkey Burgers
with a Greek salad
Very few people can resist a good burger, so I'm not surprised this meal made it to your favorites list. We boost the taste of these turkey burgers with chopped sundried tomatoes and some mint. Since it's summer, we're going to switch our oven directions out for a grill pan.
Mediterranean Turkey Burgers:
- Sundried tomatoes (in oil) - 1/3 cup , chopped
- Onions, medium and red - 1 , 1/2 diced, 1/2 sliced for burger toppings
- Mint, fresh - 2 sprigs , chopped
- Turkey, ground - 1 1/2 lbs
- Panko or breadcrumbs - 1/3 cup
- Garlic, crushed - 1 Tbsp
- Salt, kosher - 1 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cheese (opt) - 4 slices (your fave burger cheese - we love creamy fontina)
- Burger buns - 4
- Tomatoes, medium - 1 to 2 , sliced (for burgers)
- Burger condiments of choice -
- Mint, fresh - 2 to 3 sprigs , chopped
- Cucumbers, English or Persian - 1 lb
- Tomatoes, grape or cherry - 1 pint , halved
- Romaine hearts - 1 , chopped
- Lemon juice - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Cheese, feta (opt) - 4 oz , crumbled
- Heat a grill pan over medium high heat. Add 1 tbs. (15 ml) oil and then patties to heated oil. Sear for 3 minutes on each side. Then lower heat to medium, and cover pan with a lid or aluminum foil. Cook for another 6 to 8 minutes, until temperature of patties reach 165F (74C) degrees. Top with cheese in the last minute. Remove and lightly toast buns on grill pan.
- While burgers are cooking, chop cucumbers, tomatoes, and romaine for salad. Make vinaigrette by mixing lemon juice and oil. Toss salad ingredients together with rest of the mint and feta.
- Slice red onion and tomatoes for burger toppings and top burgers with whatever condiments you like!
- Freeze leftover buns for next time.