Chorizo and Corn Saute
with tomatoes / zucchini / farro
Bring summer flavors to the dinner table with this saute of spicy (or not) chorizo and fresh summer zucchini and corn. Add farro for a bit of substance and finish with tomatoes and creamy yogurt.
Chorizo and Corn Saute:
- Farro, semi-pearled / husked (uncooked) - 1 cup
- Zucchini - 1 lb , diced
- Garlic - 2 cloves , chopped
- Green onions - 3 stalks , chopped, white and green parts separate
- Corn, frozen (sub fresh) - 1 1/2 cups , defrosted
- Tomatoes, medium - 1 , diced
- Cilantro - 1 Tbsp , chopped
- Chorizo, raw (sub Italian sausage) - 8 oz
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Limes - 1/2 , juice of
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 4 Tbsp
- Cook farro - (If not already made from Tuesday’s meal.) Bring a saucepan of water to boil (just like you would for boiling pasta). Give it a generous sprinkle of salt and add farro. If you bought semi-pearled or husked farro, it should take about 25 minutes to cook until al dente, tender but not soggy. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Zucchini / Garlic / Green onions - Prep as directed. Combine garlic and white parts of green onions in one container. Store zucchini and green parts of green onions in separate containers. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Corn - Defrost by warming briefly in the microwave or running under warm tap water. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Tomatoes / Cilantro - Prep as directed and combine.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat a frying pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add first part of cooking oil and then zucchini to heated oil. Saute until zucchini begins to brown on the outside, 2 to 3 minutes. Add a pinch of salt and then garlic and white parts of green onions and continue cooking until garlic is fragrant, ~1 minute more. Set zucchini aside and return pan to heat.
- Add second part of cooking oil and then chorizo to heated pan. Saute until chorizo is golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes. Add corn, farro and green parts of green onions to chorizo and saute for 2 to 3 minutes to let the flavors come together. Add zucchini back to pan and stir to combine. Squeeze lime juice over saute and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer chorizo and corn saute to serving bowls. Top each serving with tomatoes and cilantro and a spoonful of yogurt. Enjoy!