Grilled Vegetable Wraps with Hummus
and garden salad
- Bell peppers, any color - 1 , cored and quartered
- Zucchini, medium - 1 , sliced
- Eggplant, small - 1 , sliced
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Wraps, large (any type like tortillas, flatbread or naan) - 4
- Hummus (flavored hummus works well in this recipe) - 6 oz
- Onions, red - 1/2 , thinly sliced
- Tomatoes, roma - 4 , diced
- Cucumbers, medium - 1 , chopped
- Lettuce, romaine (sub butterhead) - 2 hearts , chopped
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Mayonnaise (sub plain Greek yogurt) - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, balsamic - 2 tsp
- Italian seasonings - 1/2 tsp
Bell peppers / Zucchini / Eggplant - Core bell peppers and slice in quarters. Slice zucchini and eggplant into ½” (1.25 cm) thick slices. Store vegetable slices in one container. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
Lettuce - Chop lettuce.
If making vegetables on grill: Preheat grill to 500F (260C) degrees. Clean grates. Brush grates and vegetable slices with oil. Season vegetables with salt and pepper. Place vegetables over direct heat. Sear on both sides until tender, 6 to 8 minutes total (cook time may vary depending on thickness of slices and type of vegetables, so remove slices as they finish cooking).
If making vegetables on stovetop: Heat grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush with cooking oil. Season vegetables with salt and pepper. Working in batches, sear vegetable slices on both sides until tender, 6 to 8 minutes total (cook time may vary depending on thickness of slices and type of vegetables, so remove slices as they finish cooking).
While vegetables cook, whisk together olive oil, mayonnaise, vinegar and Italian seasonings. Toss with lettuce, onions, tomatoes and cucumbers just before serving.
Warm wraps according to package directions.
Assemble wraps by filling with hummus and then grilled vegetables.
Serve wraps with garden salad on the side. Enjoy!