Lemon Asparagus Pasta
with peach & corn salad
I knew this dish was going to win a lot of folks over. It's got such few ingredients, but packs in so much flavor. For favorites week, we're pairing it with our peach & corn salad. I want to make sure you get plenty of summer produce before it's too late!
Lemon asparagus pasta:
- Asparagus - 2 lbs
- Garlic - 4 cloves , minced
- Basil - 2 sprigs , sliced
- Pennette - 3/4 lbs ((or sub with other short pasta))
- Olive oil - 1/4 cup
- Parmesan cheese - 2 oz , grated
- Lemon - 1/2 , juice of
- Pine nuts - 1/4 cup
Peach and Corn Salad:
- Corn - 2 ears , kernels
- Peaches - 2 , sliced
- Balsamic vinegar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Maple syrup - 1 tsp
- Olive oil - 3 Tbsp
- Mixed greens - 1/4 lb
- Sliced almonds - 1/4 cup
- Cotija or feta cheese - for serving
- Asparagus - Snap ends off and then chop into 2" (5 cm) long pieces. If spears are thick, slice in half lengthwise first and then chop into shorter pieces.
- Corn - Shuck (remove outer leaves), shave off kernels and then microwave for 2 to 3 minutes, until tender. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Garlic / Basil / Peaches - Prep as directed.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Cook pasta in heavily salted boiling water until it's al dente (tender but with a bite). Save 1 cup (236 ml) of cooking water before draining.
- Heat up a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add in oil and then minced garlic to heated oil. Once you can smell the garlic, add in asparagus with a sprinkle of salt. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add in drained pasta and pasta water. Cook until the water has thickened into a sauce, ~3 more minutes. Turn off heat and add in parmesan cheese and juice from half a lemon. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish pasta with basil and pine nuts.
- Whisk together balsamic, maple syrup, and oil. Season to taste with salt & pepper. For more vinaigrette ideas, check out this video.
- Toss vinaigrette with greens, corn, and peaches. Top with almonds and desired amount of cheese. Enjoy with your summer pasta.