Lemon Asparagus Pasta
with peach & corn salad
I knew this dish was going to win a lot of folks over. It's got such few ingredients, but packs in so much flavor. For favorites week, we're pairing it with our peach & corn salad. I want to make sure you get plenty of summer produce before it's too late!
- Asparagus - 2 lbs
- Garlic - 4 cloves, minced
- Basil - 2 sprigs, sliced
- Pennette - 3/4 lbs ((or sub with other short pasta))
- Olive oil - 1/4 cup
- Parmesan cheese - 2 oz, grated
- Lemon - 1/2, juice of
- Pine nuts - 1/4 cup
- Corn - 2 ears, kernels
- Peaches - 2, sliced
- Balsamic vinegar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Maple syrup - 1 tsp
- Olive oil - 3 Tbsp
- Mixed greens - 1/4 lb
- Sliced almonds - 1/4 cup
- Cotija or feta cheese - for serving
- Asparagus - Snap ends off and then chop into 2" (5 cm) long pieces. If spears are thick, slice in half lengthwise first and then chop into shorter pieces.
- Corn - Shuck (remove outer leaves), shave off kernels and then microwave for 2 to 3 minutes, until tender. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Garlic / Basil / Peaches - Prep as directed.
- Cook pasta in heavily salted boiling water until it's al dente (tender but with a bite). Save 1 cup (236 ml) of cooking water before draining.
- Heat up a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add in oil and then minced garlic to heated oil. Once you can smell the garlic, add in asparagus with a sprinkle of salt. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add in drained pasta and pasta water. Cook until the water has thickened into a sauce, ~3 more minutes. Turn off heat and add in parmesan cheese and juice from half a lemon. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish pasta with basil and pine nuts.
- Whisk together balsamic, maple syrup, and oil. Season to taste with salt & pepper. For more vinaigrette ideas, check out this video.
- Toss vinaigrette with greens, corn, and peaches. Top with almonds and desired amount of cheese. Enjoy with your summer pasta.
Didn't make the salad but the pasta was terrific0 Helpful
This was quite good! Simple, well flavored, and I liked the high ratio of asparagus compared to pasta. I couldn't find good peaches so went without, but the salad was still delicious.0 Helpful
Loved it, as did my family. The pasta needed a bit of extra salt. Since I made it in the middle of winter, I used pears instead of peaches in the salad, and opted out of the corn altogether. It was still delicious--great dressing!0 Helpful
maybe add chicken next time0 Helpful
Great summer meal! The salad was so delicious.0 Helpful
Not enough seasoning on the pasta for us (so would rate it 2 *'s) but the salad was excellent so will give it 3 *'s.0 Helpful