with bok choy / cauliflower rice
Smarts: If you've never tried cauliflower rice, this is a great way to use it - it soaks up sauce every bit as well as real rice!
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 1/4 cup
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Honey - 2 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 2 tsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 tsp
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 lb, chopped
- Green onions - 2 stalks, chopped, white and green parts separated
- Baby bok choy - 3/4 lb, halved and chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Sesame seeds, white - 2 Tbsp
- Limes - 1/2, juice of
- Cauliflower, large - 1 head, florets chopped
- Butter - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Make sauce - Combine aminos, water, honey, vinegar and sesame oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Marinate chicken - Chop chicken into 1” / 2.5cm cubes. Toss chicken in 1/4 the sauce (reserve the rest). Marinate for at least 30 minutes and preferably overnight. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Cauliflower rice - Pulse florets in a food processor until broken up into ‘rice’-sized bits. Watch this video for the full how-to on cauliflower rice. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Green onions / Bok choy - Prep as directed and store in separate containers. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Heat a saute pan or a wok over medium-high heat. Add butter and then cauliflower rice to melted butter. Add a pinch of salt and saute until cauliflower is tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate and return pan to heat.
- Add first part of cooking oil and white parts of green onions and bok choy to hot oil. Saute until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt. Set bok choy aside and return pan to heat.
- To hot pan, add second part of cooking oil. Add chicken to hot oil and saute until chicken starts to brown on the outside, ~2 minutes. Add reserved sauce and sesame seeds. Simmer chicken in sauce until chicken is fully cooked and sauce thickens, ~3 minutes more.
- Spoon chicken and sauce over cauliflower rice and serve with bok choy on the side. Top the entire dish with green parts of green onions and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Enjoy!
Added edamame to the chicken, and made brown rice noodles.0 Helpful
Made regular rice. Really liked this recipe!0 Helpful
Very fast. Kids loved it. Will sub frozen broccoli in the future for an easy pantry meal.0 Helpful
Tasted good but portions were a bit small. I substituted the califlower rice for farro because farro is the best :P.0 Helpful
added sriracha to the marinade. this made like 3 big helpings (turned it into 4 since i eat small portioned lunches). overall really yummy!0 Helpful
Kids loved it too0 Helpful