Salmon and Strawberry Salad
with balsamic vinaigrette
- Bacon - 8 slices, crumbled or chopped
- Strawberries - 12 oz
- Salmon, canned - 16 oz
- Avocado, large - 1, cubed
- Walnuts - 4 oz, crushed
- Arugula - 5 oz
- Shallots - 1 clove, diced
- Vinegar, balsamic - 2 1/2 Tbsp
- Mustard, dijon - 2 tsp
- Maple syrup - 2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 6 Tbsp
- Bacon - Heat an oven to 400F / 204C degrees. Line a sheet pan with foil and then place a cooling rack in the sheet pan. Lay out bacon on rack and bake in the oven from 15 to 20 minutes until bacon is crispy on the edges. This is a great low-effort way to cook bacon and have all the fat drip off (with little clean up!). Crumble or chop into bite-sized pieces. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make balsamic vinaigrette - Dice shallots. Whisk together shallots, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, and oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead and refrigerated)
- Strawberries - Slice.
- Salmon - Open cans and drain if there’s any liquid.
- Avocado - Cube.
- You can serve salad like a Cobb Salad by layering bacon, salmon, strawberries, avocado, and walnuts over arugula and then drizzle with vinaigrette. You can also toss everything together and then serve. Enjoy!
Would have been good without the salmon, or with fresh salmon. The canned salmon was distracting.0 Helpful
I made so many subs not even sure if this qualifies as the same salad, but I wanted to check an "I made this" box. Subbed green leaf lettuce, heirloom tomato and goat cheese because that was what I already had. Used quinoa, canned salmon (fine, not great) and walnuts. Happy to use up things in the fridge, will eat again as lunch this week. Next time I'll try strawberries and fresh salmon.0 Helpful
I have made this twice for guests and it got great reviews each time. I used fresh salmon filets instead of canned.0 Helpful
Canned Salmon had bones and skin. Disgusting. I had to eat it without.0 Helpful
Wow! This salad is my JAM! I opted for fresh pan-seared salmon because I cook salmon often and am comfortable doing so. Make this. You will thank yourself.0 Helpful
Used smoked salmon because I haven't found a canned brand I like yet. (We reduced the amount accordingly , given the salt content.) It was delicious. I always like fish and berry combos.0 Helpful