Maple-Dijon Panko Portobellos
with spinach, apple and pine nut salad
- Parsley - 3 sprigs, chopped
- Butter - 3 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 1/2 Tbsp
- Maple syrup - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1 tsp
- Panko breadcrumbs - 1/2 cup
- Mushrooms, portobello - 4, stems removed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Pine nuts - 1/4 cup
- Apples - 1, sliced
- Vinegar, balsamic - 2 tsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Mayonnaise (opt) - 2 tsp
- Lemons - 1/2, juice of
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Spinach, baby - 4 oz
- Pine nuts - You can leave the pine nuts raw for the salad or, if you prefer you can toast them in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently until golden, ~4 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Crust - Chop parsley. Melt butter in the microwave (~1 minute should do). Mix butter with Dijon, maple syrup, soy sauce, panko, and parsley.
- Apples - Slice.
- Preheat oven to 425F / 218C degrees.
- Line sheet pan with foil. Snap stems off of portobellos and brush with the cooking oil. Place portobellos top-side down and then divide and spoon crust onto mushrooms. Bake for 10 to 14 minutes.
- While portobellos are cooking, whisk together vinegar, honey, mayonnaise, lemon juice and oil.
- When portobellos are ready, toss vinaigrette with spinach, pears and pine nuts. Enjoy!
I loved this dish! We made a few modifications to the salad: I used spring mix instead of spinach (not a big spinach salad fan) and added bleu cheese. Overall, it got two thumbs up from both me and my picky husband. Will make again!0 Helpful
The salmon dish tasted good (coming from someone who usually dislikes fish). The salad was okay. The spinach seemed drenched by the vinegrette. I would consider making it again, but double the amount of spinach used or half the amount of vinegrette used.0 Helpful
We thought it was a little heavy on the Dijon, but definitely tasty! Instead of buying bread crumbs in order to have half a cup for the rec8pe, we just toasted a piece of bread and crumbled it in the blender.0 Helpful
This is phenomenal. The flavors are on point. If you have never tried salmon before this is the perfect place to start.0 Helpful
The best salmon!0 Helpful
The salmon was absolutely delicious! Wow. The salad was nothing special. I'd definitely make the salmon again with a different salad or side.0 Helpful