Lentil and Arugula Salad
with smashed potatoes / soft-boiled eggs / creamy balsamic vinaigrette
- Boiled potatoes (leftover from Tuesday) - 3/4 lb, halved and smashed
- Eggs - 4
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Arugula - 6 oz
- Lentils, any variety pre-cooked (look for vacuum-packed in the refrigerated section; otherwise canned) - 1 cup
- Cheese, feta (sub goat cheese) - 4 oz, crumbled
- Shallots - 1 clove, diced
- Vinegar, balsamic - 1 Tbsp
- Mayonnaise - 2 tsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Make vinaigrette - Dice shallots. Combine shallots with vinegar, mayonnaise, honey, mustard and olive oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Potatoes - Halve the cooked potatoes leftover from Tuesday. Place the cooked, halved potatoes on a cutting board or clean counter, cut-side down. Smash them with the palm of your hand so that the skins break but the potatoes remain somewhat intact. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Place eggs in a small saucepan and cover with cool tap water. Bring water to a boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, remove pan from heat and cover tightly. Let rest, covered, for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside until cool enough to peel.
- While eggs cook, heat a large saute pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and then potatoes in a single layer to heated oil (cook these in batches, if needed). Cook potatoes on both sides until deep golden brown and crisp, about 4 minutes per side.
- Peel eggs (hold the eggs under cool running water to help remove the peel if needed) and chop. Season eggs with a pinch of salt.
- Toss arugula with lentils and cheese. Divide between serving bowls and top each bowl with eggs and smashed potatoes. Top each salad with vinaigrette and enjoy!
Grilled the steak and cooked ramps and asparagus rather than the arugula salad, but delicious all around. Enjoyed the smashed potatoes this way, will make those again.0 Helpful
How can you go wrong with steak and potatoes? This was delicious.0 Helpful
SO GOOD - used the Sous vide for the steak0 Helpful
Made with filet on sale - soooo tasty! Arugula salad was perfect complement to peppery steak. Instead of the smashed potatoes, made roasted cilantro lime potatoes from last week. Yum!0 Helpful
It was just ok. Nothing special0 Helpful
Loved the potatoes!0 Helpful