Sweet Potato, Leek and Cheese Frittata
with mixed greens / herb vinaigrette
- Leeks - 1, white part thinly sliced
- Potatoes, sweet - 1 lb, chopped into small cubes
- Eggs - 8
- Cheese, pre-shredded (any type) - 1/2 cup
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Yogurt, plain or sour cream (opt) - 1/4 cup
- Cilantro - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Vinegar, balsamic - 1 Tbsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Mayonnaise (op) - 2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 4 Tbsp
- Tomatoes, roma - 2, diced
- Cucumbers, medium - 1, diced
- Mixed greens, any type - 5 oz
- Leeks / Sweet potatoes - Prep as directed and combine. Note: The smaller you chop the potatoes, the faster they will cook. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Blend cilantro, vinegar, honey, mustard, mayonnaise and olive oil using an immersion or standing blender. This will yield a creamy vinaigrette. If you prefer, you can also chop cilantro and combine all ingredients by hand. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Eggs - Whisk eggs and fold in cheese, salt and black pepper.
- Tomatoes / Cucumbers - Prep as directed.
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C degrees.
- Heat a 9” to 10” (22.5 cm to 25 cm) skillet over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then leeks and potato to heated oil. Saute until potatoes are golden brown and tender, ~6 minutes. (If potatoes are cooking slowly, you can speed the process up by adding a splash of water and covering the pot to steam them; pour off any excess water before proceeding.)
- Pour egg mixture over top and stir until all ingredients are evenly distributed. Transfer to the oven and bake until the center is set, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Just before serving, toss greens with tomatoes and cucumbers. Pour dressing over top or serve on the side.
- Slice frittata and serve with yogurt or sour cream on top (if you’d like). Enjoy salad on the side!
I think it needed a little more onion in addition to the leek.0 Helpful
I really liked this- made it in a cast iron skillet; the only issue is that had I cooked it per the instructions, it would have burned. It only took 10 minutes to cook thru (for the 2 serving size in a 10" skillet).0 Helpful
I added half a small onion that I had leftover from something in the fridge. It helped enhance the leek, and I love it!0 Helpful
Prep the salad while frittata is baking to save on time. Really easy and tasted great. We'll make this again. Would be great with all kinds of different variation of veggies.0 Helpful
We loved this. Made it twice, really like it with mozzarella and parmesan. I also add a bit of cinnamon and nutmeg b/c it pairs really well with the sweet potato.0 Helpful
The kiddos ate it up! Even the picky eater, after I convinced her to try it. I wasn't so sure about the sour cream on top but it was very good! Might be a little low on the seasoning, otherwise would have been 4 stars.0 Helpful