Sweet Potato, Leek and Cheese Frittata
with mixed greens / herb vinaigrette
Sweet Potato, Leek and Cheese Frittata:
- Leeks - 1 , white part thinly sliced
- Potatoes, sweet - 1 lb , chopped into small cubes
- Eggs - 8
- Cheese, pre-shredded (any type) - 1/2 cup
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Yogurt, plain or sour cream (opt) - 1/4 cup
Mixed Greens Salad with Herb Vinaigrette:
- Cilantro - 2 Tbsp , chopped
- Vinegar, balsamic - 1 Tbsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Mayonnaise (op) - 2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 4 Tbsp
- Tomatoes, roma - 2 , diced
- Cucumbers, medium - 1 , diced
- Mixed greens, any type - 5 oz
- Leeks / Sweet potatoes - Prep as directed and combine. Note: The smaller you chop the potatoes, the faster they will cook. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Blend cilantro, vinegar, honey, mustard, mayonnaise and olive oil using an immersion or standing blender. This will yield a creamy vinaigrette. If you prefer, you can also chop cilantro and combine all ingredients by hand. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Eggs - Whisk eggs and fold in cheese, salt and black pepper.
- Tomatoes / Cucumbers - Prep as directed.
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C degrees.
- Heat a 9” to 10” (22.5 cm to 25 cm) skillet over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then leeks and potato to heated oil. Saute until potatoes are golden brown and tender, ~6 minutes. (If potatoes are cooking slowly, you can speed the process up by adding a splash of water and covering the pot to steam them; pour off any excess water before proceeding.)
- Pour egg mixture over top and stir until all ingredients are evenly distributed. Transfer to the oven and bake until the center is set, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Just before serving, toss greens with tomatoes and cucumbers. Pour dressing over top or serve on the side.
- Slice frittata and serve with yogurt or sour cream on top (if you’d like). Enjoy salad on the side!