Ricotta and Chard Frittata
with lemony garlic broccoli
- Cheese, parmesan - 2 oz, grated
- Onions, medium - 1, sliced
- Chard, any type - 1 bunch, leaves torn, stems chopped
- Eggs - 8
- Milk - 1/4 cup
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Cheese, ricotta - 8 oz
- Butter - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Garlic - 2 cloves, sliced
- Broccoli - 1 1/4 lbs, chopped
- Lemon juice - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Butter - 1 Tbsp
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Heat a 8” / 20cm skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and then onions and chopped chard stems to melted butter with some salt. Saute until onions are slightly golden and caramelized, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Fold in chard leaves and saute until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour in egg mixture and stir until everything is evenly distributed. Transfer to the oven and bake for 18 to 25 minutes, until a knife comes out cleanly.
- While frittata is cooking, place garlic and broccoli into a microwave-safe dish. Cover with a damp paper towel and cook for 2-1/2 to 4 minutes, until broccoli gets to desired tenderness. Toss with lemon juice and butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy frittata with broccoli on the side.
Very tasty! I've made the CS Chard & Cheese Frittata several times, and it's my favorite way to use chard from my CSA box. This week I had leftover ricotta on hand so chose this recipe instead, and it was just as delicious.0 Helpful
So very tasty! The chicken was amazing!0 Helpful
My prosciutto was very thin so I didn't think it would hold the (overstuffed) chicken breasts together, but it turned out great once pan fried! So good and the filling kept the chicken moist.0 Helpful
Chicken was good, could have used more sweet or acid since the cheese and prosciutto were so salty. The broccoli side was alright0 Helpful
Good meal. Chicken nice and moist.0 Helpful
Really liked the broccoli0 Helpful