Ricotta and Chard Frittata
with lemony garlic broccoli
Caramelized onions and creamy ricotta add body and richness to this delicious frittata - one of our favorite egg dishes for dinner! Pair it with a simple side of broccoli for a perfectly balanced dinner.
Ricotta and Chard Frittata:
- Cheese, parmesan - 2 oz , grated
- Onions, medium - 1 , sliced
- Chard, any type - 1 bunch , leaves torn, stems chopped
- Eggs - 8
- Milk - 1/4 cup
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Cheese, ricotta - 8 oz
- Butter - 1 1/2 Tbsp
Lemony Garlic Broccoli:
- Garlic - 2 cloves , sliced
- Broccoli - 1 1/4 lbs , chopped
- Lemon juice - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Butter - 1 Tbsp (sub ghee for W30)
- Parmesan / Onions / Garlic / Broccoli - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead) [Prep notes: Garlic / Broccoli can be packaged together]
- Chard - Chop. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make frittata base - Whisk eggs with milk and salt and pepper. Fold in parmesan and ricotta cheese.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Heat a 8” / 20cm skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and then onions and chopped chard stems to melted butter with some salt. Saute until onions are slightly golden and caramelized, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Fold in chard leaves and saute until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour in egg mixture and stir until everything is evenly distributed. Transfer to the oven and bake for 18 to 25 minutes, until a knife comes out cleanly.
- While frittata is cooking, place garlic and broccoli into a microwave-safe dish. Cover with a damp paper towel and cook for 2-1/2 to 4 minutes, until broccoli gets to desired tenderness. Toss with lemon juice and butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy frittata with broccoli on the side.