Herb and Cheese Stuffed Pork Chops
with balsamic spinach salad / roasted apples
Take boneless pork chops up a notch by stuffing them with herbs and feta cheese. This elegant week night dinner gets a sweet touch with a side of roasted apples.
Herb and Cheese Stuffed Pork Chops:
- Parsley, fresh - 1 Tbsp , fresh
- Cheese, feta - 4 oz , crumbled
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Italian seasoning - 1 tsp
- Pork chops, boneless (sub boneless chicken breasts) - 1 1/2 lb
- Flour, all-purpose - 3 Tbsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Stock, any type - 1/2 cup
Spinach and Balsamic Salad:
- Shallots - 2 cloves , diced
- Vinegar, balsamic - 2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Baby spinach - 4 oz
- Apples, any variety - 2 , halved
- Butter - 1 Tbsp
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon, ground - 1/2 tsp
- Shallots - If prepping right before cooking, get apples in the oven before continuing with prep steps. Dice shallots. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make filling - Chop parsley. Combine with feta, olive oil and Italian seasonings, mashing a bit with a fork to soften the feta. If the feta is still quite dry, add a splash of water so that the mixture holds together a bit. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Stuff pork chops - Place chops on one side and cut a slit in the other side to create pocket for the filling. Stuff the slit with herb cheese filling. Combine flour, salt and pepper and use your hands to rub it on the outside of the chop.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Slice apples in half and place, cut-side up in a 8" x 8" / 20cm x 20cm baker. Add enough water to cover the bottom of the pan. Melt butter in the microwave and pour over the cut side of the apples. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Bake until golden brown on top and softened, 25 minutes. If apples start to brown too much on top before softened, cover with a piece of foil.
- While apples bake, heat a skillet over medium-heat heat. Add oil and then sear pork chops on both sides until deep golden brown, ~3 minutes per side. (Note: Some of the filling might spill out when you flip the chop, so use a spoon to gently push it back in.) Add stock to the pan. Cover pan with foil and transfer to the oven.
- Cook pork chops for 10 to 12 minutes (depending on the thickness of the chops), until pork is firm to the the touch (internal temperature of 145F / 62C degrees).
- Remove pork from the oven and transfer to a cutting board. Cover with foil and let rest for at least 5 minutes. Reserve any liquids in the bottom of the pan to serve over the finished dish.
- While pork rests, combine shallots, vinegar, oil, mustard and honey. Toss with spinach just before serving.
- Slice pork so that each slice shows off that delicious filling. Pour any cooking liquid from the pan over top. Serve with spinach salad and roasted apples on the side and enjoy!