Smoky Tomato and Bell Pepper Soup
with garlic bread
- Carrots, medium - 1, chopped
- Roasted red peppers (16 oz / 454 g) - 1/2 jar, rinsed, drained and chopped
- Onions, red - 1/2, chopped
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Butter - 1 Tbsp
- Paprika, smoked - 1/2 tsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 tsp
- Tomatoes, diced and preferably fire-roasted (14 oz / 397 g) - 2 cans
- Stock, any type - 1 cup
- Yogurt, Greek or plain - 1/2 cup
- Parsley, fresh - 2 tsp, chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves, crushed
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Cheese, parmesan (opt) - 2 Tbsp, grated
- Baguette or ciabatta, gluten-free - 1/2 loaf
- Heat oven to 375F / 191C degrees.
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add olive oil and butter. When butter melts, add carrots and onions and saute until onions soften, 4 to 5 minutes. Add paprika and vinegar and saute until fragrant, ~1 minute. Add roasted red peppers, tomatoes (including liquid) and stock. Bring to a simmer and allow to simmer for 10 minutes to let the flavors come together.
- While soup simmers, place bread onto a sheet pan and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until bread is golden.
- Puree soup until smooth with an immersion blender (like in this video) or transfer to a standing blender in batches. (Using a standing blender will yield a more smooth, creamy soup.) Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve soup with a spoonful of yogurt on top of each bowl and with garlic bread on the side. Enjoy!
Tasty soup and very quick and easy to prepare.0 Helpful
it was so good! perfect for a chilly night. I bumped up the seasonings a bit more and actually blended the greek yogurt into the soup for a creamier recipe.0 Helpful
I added baked spiced garbanzo beans for protein and added garlic.0 Helpful
Had to add garlic, basil, salt, and pepper to the soup to make it a little more flavorful. Otherwise it was good. Also, made grilled cheese rather than garlic bread to make it more of a dinner.0 Helpful
Super easy to make and delicious hot or cold!0 Helpful
Delicious! Next time I'll broil the bread instead of baking it. Got a little too crunchy in the oven.0 Helpful