Warm Salmon and Avocado Salad
with walnuts / olives / lemon dill vinaigrette
Roasted salmon serves as a light but filling protein in this entree salad with avocados, olives and walnuts. Top it off with a fresh lemon dill vinaigrette.
- Walnuts - 1/2 cup, chopped and toasted
- Olives, pitted (green or black) - 1/4 cup, sliced
- Avocados - 1, chopped
- Salmon - 1 lb
- Salad greens of choice - 5 oz
- Dill, fresh - 1/2 tsp, chopped
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 tsp
- Maple syrup - 1 tsp
- Walnuts - Toast walnuts in a dry pan or skillet, stirring frequently until fragrant, about 3 minutes. When cool enough to handle, roughly chop. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Chop dill. Combine with lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, vinegar and maple syrup. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Olives - Slice olives. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Avocados - Chop avocados.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C. Line a sheet pan with foil and place salmon, skin-side down on top. Pat dry and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake salmon until it flakes easily with a fork, 15 to 25 minutes, depending on thickness of the salmon and your desired doneness (1 ½” / 3.75cm thick salmon takes about 20 minutes).
- When salmon is cooked, slice or shred with a fork into bite-sized pieces.
- Assemble salad by combining salad greens with salmon, olives, avocados and walnuts. Top with vinaigrette and enjoy!
Love it! I couldn't find dill in my local store so I substituted tarragon from my garden. Dressing turned out very tasty!0 Helpful
Just came back to this one as I happened to have all the ingredients on hand (except only had dried dill). It was easy and delicious. Doubled the dressing and loved the toasted crunch of the pecans we used instead of walnuts. On the favorites list!0 Helpful
Loved it. Did what was suggested by others and doubled the vinaigrette as a marinade. Everything turned out really well and relatively quick and easy. Look forward to next time.0 Helpful
We loved this. I used smoked salmon and subbed crumbled feta for the olives (personal preferences). Will definitely make it again.0 Helpful
The olives are good to add a little more flavor to the lentils. The walnuts maybe didn't work so well in this salad but were fine.0 Helpful
yum! loved the tomatoes. The cheese was very hard to fry and was a mess, but goat cheese is mouth watering no matter what. good the next day as well.0 Helpful