Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken Sandwicheswith Greek yogurt potato salad
Slow cook chicken thighs in these flavorful ingredients and you create a magically easy dish. If you don't own a slow cooker, this dish is worth getting one. Pair it with our healthier take on potato salad. We've discovered that Greek yogurt, dill, and lemon juice make for a deliciously creamy dressing.
- Chicken thighs - 2 lbs
- Garlic cloves - 4, minced
- Tomato sauce - 1 cup
- Apple cider or balsamic vinegar - 1/4 cup
- Brown sugar - 2 Tbsp
- Worcestershire sauce - 2 Tbsp
- Paprika - 2 tsp
- Hamburger buns - 4
- Ketchup - for serving
- Pickles - for serving
- Baby potatoes - 1 1/2 lbs
- Pickles - 2 Tbsp, diced
- Dill, fresh - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Mayonnaise or veganaise - 1/4 cup
- Greek yogurt - 1/4 cup
- Dijon mustard - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Place all sandwich ingredients (except for the buns, ketchup, and pickles) in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. When done, take chicken out of slow cooker. Shred with two forks and then place back in juices. Let sit for at least 20 minutes, and then season to taste with more salt, pepper, vinegar, or sugar. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Potatoes - Place into a pot and cover with cold water by about an inch. Bring to a boil, and then simmer until you can easily insert a knife through the potatoes, ~6 to 10 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Dressing - Dice pickles and chop dill. Mix together pickles with mayo/veganaise, Greek yogurt, mustard, lemon juice, salt, and dill. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Mash potatoes with dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Warm up pulled chicken. Toast buns at 325F (163C) degrees for 5 to 10 minutes. Serve chicken on toasted buns with ketchup and potato salad and pickles on the side.
This meal has 12 reviews
Made this for sandwiches for the boys lunches at school - winner with all 3 boys :)
Loved how many leftovers this produced as well as the mild-BBQ flavor that my kids appreciated and gulped up without gobs of extra sugar
Perfect snowy day dinner!
This was good. Not fantastic but good. Didn't make the potato salad. And I add BBQ sauce to the chicken. I'm afraid it wouldn't have had enough flavor without that.
My husband thought it was a little sweet and needed something with a little more kick - but overall it was a very easy and delicious recipe!
Needs a little heat in the sauce. Also I think it would work better if sauce ingredients were mixed together before adding to the slow cooker.