and roasted honey mustard vegetable sticks
- Avocados - 1, sliced
- Tomatoes, small - 2, sliced
- Sandwich rolls - 4
- Hummus - 8 oz
- Cheese, provolone (sub any melty cheese like fontina or mozzarella) - 4 slices
- Carrots - 3/4 lb, matchsticks
- Parsnips (sub carrots) - 3/4 lb, matchsticks
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon (use whole grain mustard if you have it) - 2 tsp
- Heat oven to 500F / 260C.
- Combine oil (the portion for the vegetables), honey and mustard. Toss with carrots and parsnips and spread on a sheet pan. Cover tightly with foil and ‘steam’ in oven for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove the foil and continue roasting until golden and tender, 10 to 12 minutes more.
- Spread hummus onto rolls. Then top with avocado, tomatoes, and cheese and arrange on a second sheet pan.
- When vegetables are nearly finished cooking, move them to a lower oven rack and place the sheet pan with the sandwiches on it on the top rack. Continue baking until vegetables are tender and cheese on the sandwiches is melted, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Serve sandwiches with vegetable sticks on the side and enjoy!
This wasn't my favorite version of the fish sandwich. I have preferred previous versions with tartar sauce CS tartar sauce recipe is bomb. I honestly didn't realize this recipe was different until I went to make it. All the elements were good individually I just didn't think the slaw had the zing needed to brighten up the fish. Love love love the roasted veggie.0 Helpful
Very tasty. Mostly I followed the paleo recipe, but I did put one small portion of fish on a slider roll, which I actually didn't like as well as not on a roll. I used the cole slaw as a sort of tartar sauce. It was a bit too dry for that, but quite tasty anyway. I wasn't crazy about the carrots. I put the leftovers in with the remaining coleslaw. The fish part of the recipe (along with the coleslaw) is on the keepers list.0 Helpful
The fish needed more seasoning. I would replace the sour cream with salad dressing. Family loved the carrots the best.0 Helpful
Fantastic! Best fish sandwich ever. Slaw was mild and drier so it complimented the sandwich. Added sliced cheese to bump it up. Really loved the roasted veggies, too.0 Helpful
Big hit with kiddo0 Helpful
We loved this! We omitted the bun and used haddock. Normally we don't love fish, but this was great. We also loved the honey mustard roasted carrots & parsnips. We could have gone either way on the creamy slaw. It was good, but not necessary with the fish, maybe because we didn't put it on a bun.0 Helpful