Seared Pork Chops with Mushroom Sauce
with apple spinach salad
- Pork chops, boneless - 1 1/2 lbs
- Onions, small - 1, diced
- Mushrooms, brown - 1 lb, sliced
- Parsley - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Grassfed butter - 1 Tbsp
- Sherry (opt) - 2 Tbsp
- Thyme, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Arrowroot powder - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Stock, chicken - 1 1/2 cups
- Peas, frozen - 2 cups
- Vinegar, apple cider - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Mustard, dijon - 1 tsp
- Maple syrup - 1 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 3 Tbsp
- Apples, any type - 1, sliced
- Baby spinach - 4 oz
- Almonds, sliced or slivered - 1 oz
- Pork chops - Season with salt and pepper and tenderize with a fork. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Onions / Mushrooms / Parsley - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, and cooking oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Apples - Slice.
- Heat a saute pan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add oil and then pork chops to heated oil. Sear on both sides for 3 minutes. Lower heat to medium, cover with foil and cook for another 3 to 6 minutes (depends on thickness), until pork reaches 145F / 63C. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Return pan to medium heat. Add butter and then onions to melted butter. Saute until tender, ~3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms with sherry and thyme and saute for 5 to 7 minutes until mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in arrowroot powder and cook for ~30 seconds.
- Add stock, frozen peas, and parsley. Cook for another 3 to 5 minutes, until mixture is thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss vinaigrette with spinach, apples, and almonds. Spoon mushroom sauce over pork chops and enjoy with salad on the side!
Yum! Used leftover turkey to add a little extra to it after trying the original version a while back.0 Helpful
This looked like it was going to be tastier than it wasn't. Mushroom sauce could have done without the peas.0 Helpful
Added fresh bell pepper and chicken breast to the pot pie. Used a bag of frozen mixed veggies with carrots, peas, corn, and green beans. Added craisens to the salad. Great! -R0 Helpful
I would add red pepper flakes or a spicy sauce to this, but it was very delicious. Easy, and had comforting flavors.0 Helpful
Not a favourite. Although it sounded good it lacked flavour in the end.0 Helpful
Super tasty and easy!0 Helpful