with creamy yogurt dressing
Lentil Salad with Creamy Yogurt Dressing:
- Water - 1 1/3 cup
- Lentils, French or green, uncooked - 2/3 cup
- Bay leaves - 1
- Salt, kosher - 1/4 tsp
- Garlic - 1 clove , minced
- Shallots - 1 clove , sliced
- Celery - 3 ribs , diced or sliced
- Carrots - 1/2 lb , peeled into ribbons or grated
- Parsley - 2 Tbsp , chopped
- Tomatoes, roma - 2 , diced
- Cucumbers - 4 oz , diced
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Oregano, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 2 Tbsp
- Yogurt, plain Greek - 2 Tbsp
- Honey - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Baby spinach - 6 oz
- Flatbreads, pita, or naan - 4
- Feta (opt) - 2 oz , crumbled
- Cook lentils - Combine water, lentils, bay leaf, and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes until lentils are tender but not soggy. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Garlic / Shallots / Celery / Carrots / Parsley - Prep as directed. For carrots, you can grate on a box grater or use a peeler to peel into ‘ribbons’. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Tomatoes / Cucumbers - Prep as directed.
- Whisk together garlic, cumin, oregano, lemon juice, Greek yogurt, honey, and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When lentils are done, remove bay leaf. Toast flatbreads according to package instructions.
- Toss yogurt dressing with lentils, shallots, celery, carrots, parsley, tomatoes, cucumbers, and baby spinach. Crumble feta over salad and enjoy with flatbread on the side!