with creamy yogurt dressing
- Water - 1 1/3 cup
- Lentils, French or green, uncooked - 2/3 cup
- Bay leaves - 1
- Salt, kosher - 1/4 tsp
- Garlic - 1 clove, minced
- Shallots - 1 clove, sliced
- Celery - 3 ribs, diced or sliced
- Carrots - 1/2 lb, peeled into ribbons or grated
- Parsley - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Tomatoes, roma - 2, diced
- Cucumbers - 4 oz, diced
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Oregano, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 2 Tbsp
- Yogurt, plain Greek - 2 Tbsp
- Honey - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Baby spinach - 6 oz
- Flatbreads, pita, or naan - 4
- Feta (opt) - 2 oz, crumbled
- Cook lentils - Combine water, lentils, bay leaf, and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes until lentils are tender but not soggy. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Garlic / Shallots / Celery / Carrots / Parsley - Prep as directed. For carrots, you can grate on a box grater or use a peeler to peel into ‘ribbons’. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Tomatoes / Cucumbers - Prep as directed.
- Whisk together garlic, cumin, oregano, lemon juice, Greek yogurt, honey, and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When lentils are done, remove bay leaf. Toast flatbreads according to package instructions.
- Toss yogurt dressing with lentils, shallots, celery, carrots, parsley, tomatoes, cucumbers, and baby spinach. Crumble feta over salad and enjoy with flatbread on the side!
I got bone-in thighs so had to cook them longer and the potatoes ended up overdone. The lemon didn't feel as present as I would have expected given the name of the dish - I might add a little more juice (or add some zest) if I make this in the future0 Helpful
Really enjoyed this! Potatoes could have cooked a little longer, but everything came together nicely. Skipped the feta and the salad was still really good -- the garlic was a good kick to the dressing.0 Helpful
My family loved this! Next time I will roast an onion with the potatoes.0 Helpful
Next time I'll be sure to actually marinate the chicken in the sauce for a full day before I cook it. This has good flavor, but it's not as flavorful as I would like. It also seems a little bland as just chicken and potatoes. In the future I might try experimenting by adding some cherry tomatoes and garbanzo beans in with the chicken.0 Helpful
Made without the salad. Really good. Used chicken breasts instead of thighs due to personal preference. -R0 Helpful
I used chicken tenderloins as not a fan of thighs. Cut down the cooking time. Added some cauliflower with the potatoes.0 Helpful