Roasted Lemony Greek Chicken & Green Beans
with spinach Greek salad
This roasted chicken gets so much flavor from an easy but flavorful marinade. Best of all, we roast both the chicken and green beans on one sheet pan, so fewer dishes to do after your satisfying dinner.
- Rosemary, fresh - 1 1/2 tsp
- Oregano, dried - 1 1/2 tsp
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Cayenne - 1/4 tsp
- Salt, kosher - 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Chicken thighs, skin-on & boneless preferably - 1 1/2 lbs
- Green beans - 1 lb, trimmed
- Garlic - 1 clove, minced
- Cucumbers - 4 oz, chopped
- Oregano, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Maple syrup - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, red wine or sherry - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Baby spinach - 4 oz
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 4 oz
- Marinade - Roughly chop rosemary leaves. Mix rosemary with oregano, paprika, cayenne, salt, black pepper, lemon juice, aminos, and oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Season chicken - Toss chicken with marinade and use a fork to tenderize. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Garlic - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Green beans / Cucumbers - Prep as directed. Spread green beans out onto a sheet pan.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Heat a skillet or other pan over medium-high heat. When pan is heated, brush with some cooking oil and then place chicken thighs skin-side down (don’t toss the remaining marinade). Sear on both sides for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Toss green beans with the reserved marinade and nestle chicken into green beans. You can pour any liquid remaining in the pan over the beans and chicken (skip this step for a lighter meal). Roast for 12 to 16 minutes until chicken is cooked through (reaches 165F / 74C or until juices run clear when you slice into chicken) and green beans are done.
- While chicken and green beans roast, prepare vinaigrette. Mince garlic and then whisk with oregano, maple syrup, lemon juice, vinegar, and oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle chicken and green beans with salt and pepper fresh out of the oven. Toss vinaigrette with spinach, cucumbers, and tomatoes. Enjoy salad with chicken and green beans.
I got bone-in thighs so had to cook them longer and the potatoes ended up overdone. The lemon didn't feel as present as I would have expected given the name of the dish - I might add a little more juice (or add some zest) if I make this in the future0 Helpful
Really enjoyed this! Potatoes could have cooked a little longer, but everything came together nicely. Skipped the feta and the salad was still really good -- the garlic was a good kick to the dressing.0 Helpful
My family loved this! Next time I will roast an onion with the potatoes.0 Helpful
Next time I'll be sure to actually marinate the chicken in the sauce for a full day before I cook it. This has good flavor, but it's not as flavorful as I would like. It also seems a little bland as just chicken and potatoes. In the future I might try experimenting by adding some cherry tomatoes and garbanzo beans in with the chicken.0 Helpful
Made without the salad. Really good. Used chicken breasts instead of thighs due to personal preference. -R0 Helpful
I used chicken tenderloins as not a fan of thighs. Cut down the cooking time. Added some cauliflower with the potatoes.0 Helpful