Roasted Lemony Greek Chicken & Potatoeswith spinach Greek salad
This roasted chicken gets so much flavor from an easy but flavorful marinade. Best of all, we roast both the chicken and potatoes on one sheet pan, so fewer dishes to do after your satisfying dinner.
- Rosemary, fresh - 1 1/2 tsp
- Oregano, dried - 1 1/2 tsp
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Cayenne - 1/4 tsp
- Salt, kosher - 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Chicken thighs, skin-on & boneless preferably - 1 1/2 lbs
- Potatoes - 1 1/2 lbs, cubed
- Garlic - 1 clove, minced
- Cucumbers - 4 oz, chopped
- Oregano, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Sugar, brown - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, red wine or sherry - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Baby spinach - 4 oz
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 4 oz
- Feta - 2 oz, crumbled
- Marinade - Roughly chop rosemary leaves. Mix rosemary with oregano, paprika, cayenne, salt, black pepper, lemon juice, soy sauce, and oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Season chicken - Toss chicken with marinade and use a fork to tenderize. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Garlic - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Potatoes / Cucumbers - Prep as directed.
- Heat oven to 500F / 260C.
- Spread potatoes out onto a sheet pan and cover tightly with foil. ‘Steam’ in oven for 10 minutes.
- While potatoes steam, heat a skillet or other pan over medium-high heat. When pan is heated, brush with some cooking oil and then place chicken thighs skin-side down (don’t throw away the remaining marinade). Sear on both sides for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Once potatoes have steamed, remove foil and toss potatoes with the reserved marinade and nestle chicken into potatoes. You can pour any liquid remaining in the pan over the potatoes and chicken (skip this step for a lighter meal). Return sheet pan to oven and roast for another 12 to 16 minutes until chicken is cooked through (reaches 165F / 74C or until juices run clear when you slice into chicken).
- While chicken and potatoes roast, prepare vinaigrette. Mince garlic and then whisk with oregano, brown sugar, lemon juice, vinegar, and oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle chicken and potatoes with salt and pepper fresh out of the oven. Toss vinaigrette with spinach, cucumbers, and tomatoes. Crumble feta over salad and enjoy with chicken and potatoes.
This meal has 71 reviews
Really enjoyed this! Potatoes could have cooked a little longer, but everything came together nicely. Skipped the feta and the salad was still really good -- the garlic was a good kick to the dressing.
My family loved this! Next time I will roast an onion with the potatoes.
Next time I'll be sure to actually marinate the chicken in the sauce for a full day before I cook it. This has good flavor, but it's not as flavorful as I would like. It also seems a little bland as just chicken and potatoes. In the future I might try experimenting by adding some cherry tomatoes and garbanzo beans in with the chicken.
Made without the salad. Really good. Used chicken breasts instead of thighs due to personal preference. -R
I used chicken tenderloins as not a fan of thighs. Cut down the cooking time. Added some cauliflower with the potatoes.
I love this dish. Just made it a second time.