with mango salsa / honey-lime slaw
- Coriander, dried - 1 tsp
- Paprika, any variety - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Chili powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Shrimp,peeled and deveined - 1 1/2 lb
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Tortillas, taco-sized corn or flour - 12
Honey Lime Slaw:
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Lime juice - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Coleslaw mix (sub cabbage) - 5 oz
- Bell peppers, any color - 1/2 , diced
- Jalapenos (opt) - 1 , diced
- Mango cubes (sub orange segments or pineapple) - 1 1/2 cup
- Vinegar, rice - 1 1/2 tsp
- Make slaw - Whisk together honey, lime juice and olive oil. Toss with coleslaw mix and refrigerate for 30 minutes to let the flavors come together.
- Bell peppers / Jalapenos - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Spice mix - Combine coriander, paprika, cumin, chili powder, salt and black pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Shrimp - Toss with spice mix.
- Mango - If using frozen, defrost mango in the microwave or by soaking for a few minutes in warm water.
- If not already cubed, chop mango (or other fruit, if using a sub). Toss with bell peppers, jalapenos and vinegar.
- Season slaw with some salt and pepper.
- Heat a wok or nonstick saute pan over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then shrimp to heated oil. Saute until shrimp is cooked through, ~4 minutes.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions.
- Top tortillas with shrimp and then with slaw and mango salsa. Enjoy!