Southwestern Breakfast Wraps
with mushrooms / black beans
These breakfast-for-dinner wraps are packed full of flavorful ingredients including bell peppers, black beans and sauteed mushrooms. Top them off with sour cream and salsa for a super fast dinner.
Southwestern Breakfast Wraps:
- Bell peppers, any color - 1 , diced
- Shallots - 1 bulb , diced
- Mushrooms, any button - 6 oz , chopped
- Beans, black (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can , drained and rinsed
- Eggs - 8
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1/2 tsp
- Spinach, baby - 4 oz
- Tortillas, burrito-sized flour or corn - 4
- Salsa - 1/2 cup
- Sour cream (sub plain yogurt) - 1/4 cup
- Heat a non-stick frying pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and bell peppers and shallots to heated oil. Saute until softened, ~2 minutes. Add mushrooms, vinegar and a pinch of salt and saute until mushrooms are tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add spinach and saute just until wilted, ~2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and move spinach mixture to one side of pan. Pour in whisked eggs. Scramble over medium heat until you get the texture you want. Add beans and gently fold to combine other ingredients.
- Warm tortillas according to package instructions.
- Divide egg mixture between tortillas. Top with salsa and sour cream. Enjoy!