Ground Turkey Hash
with fried eggs and fresh salsa
Serve a paleo-friendly breakfast for dinner with this turkey and mushroom hash topped with fried eggs. For something extra, finish the dish with a fresh salsa of bell peppers, avocados, and fresh lime juice.
Ground Turkey Hash:
- Shallots - 1 bulb , diced
- Mushrooms, any button - 6 oz , chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Turkey, ground - 1 lb
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1/2 tsp
- Eggs - 4
Bell Pepper and Avocado Salsa:
- Bell peppers, red - 1 , finely diced
- Jalapeños - 1 , chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves , chopped
- Tomatoes, roma - 2 , diced
- Avocados - 2 , diced
- Limes - 1/2 , juice of
- Bell peppers / Jalapenos / Garlic / Shallots - Prep as directed and store in separate containers. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Mushrooms - Chop mushrooms. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Make salsa - Dice tomatoes and avocados. Combine with bell peppers, jalapenos and garlic. Season with lime juice and some salt and pepper.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add first part of oil and shallots to heated oil. Saute until softened, ~2 minutes. Add mushrooms and vinegar and saute until mushrooms are tender, 3 to 4 minutes. To mushrooms, add turkey with some salt and pepper and saute until cooked through, ~5 minutes.
- While turkey cooks, heat a second non-stick pan over medium heat. Add second part of oil. When oil begins to shimmer, crack eggs into oil and fry until cooked to desired level (flipping halfway through cooking unless you like your eggs sunny-side up).
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer turkey hash to bowls. Top each bowl with eggs and season eggs with salt and pepper. Serve with salsa over top and enjoy!