Southwestern Breakfast Wraps
with bacon / black beans
- Bell peppers, any color - 1, diced
- Shallots - 1 bulb, diced
- Beans, black (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Eggs - 8
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Bacon - 4 strips
- Spinach, baby - 4 oz
- Tortillas, burrito-sized flour or corn - 4
- Salsa - 1/2 cup
- Sour cream (sub plain yogurt) - 1/4 cup
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until bacon is crisp, ~5 minutes. Transfer bacon to a plate covered with a paper towel. Drain all but ~2 Tbsp / 30mL of grease out of the pan and return it to heat.
- To hot pan, add bell peppers and shallots to heated oil. Saute until softened, ~2 minutes. Add spinach and saute just until wilted, ~2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and move spinach mixture to one side of pan. Pour in whisked eggs. Scramble over medium heat until you get the texture you want. Add beans and gently fold to combine other ingredients.
- Warm tortillas according to package instructions.
- Crumble bacon.
- Divide egg mixture between tortillas. Top with bacon, salsa, and sour cream. Enjoy!
Very easy -- salsa was basically just guacamole! Would have been great to add some white or sweet potatoes into the hash.0 Helpful
Added cumin, smoked paprika and chili powder to the beans for more flavor.0 Helpful
I added cheddar cheese and omitted spinach by mistake. Everyone in the family enjoyed it.0 Helpful
This was good, although it was the salsa that was the standout. Gave it great flavor. We also served it with corn tortillas.0 Helpful
Yummy, everybody loved it. Would add some sliced avocado next time.0 Helpful
My family doesn't like breakfast for dinner, so I froze these for me to take to work for breakfasts. Much better than my usual bagel or english muffin!0 Helpful