Southwestern Breakfast Wraps
with bacon / black beans
These breakfast-for-dinner wraps are packed full of flavorful Southwestern ingredients including bell peppers, black beans and crisp bacon. Top them off with sour cream and salsa for a super fast dinner.
Southwestern Breakfast Wraps:
- Bell peppers, any color - 1 , diced
- Shallots - 1 bulb , diced
- Beans, black (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can , drained and rinsed
- Eggs - 8
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Bacon - 4 strips
- Spinach, baby - 4 oz
- Tortillas, burrito-sized flour or corn - 4
- Salsa - 1/2 cup
- Sour cream (sub plain yogurt) - 1/4 cup
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until bacon is crisp, ~5 minutes. Transfer bacon to a plate covered with a paper towel. Drain all but ~2 Tbsp / 30mL of grease out of the pan and return it to heat.
- To hot pan, add bell peppers and shallots to heated oil. Saute until softened, ~2 minutes. Add spinach and saute just until wilted, ~2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and move spinach mixture to one side of pan. Pour in whisked eggs. Scramble over medium heat until you get the texture you want. Add beans and gently fold to combine other ingredients.
- Warm tortillas according to package instructions.
- Crumble bacon.
- Divide egg mixture between tortillas. Top with bacon, salsa, and sour cream. Enjoy!