Chicken Sausage and Broccoli Rabe Sautewith spinach / cranberry / pecan salad
- Broccoli rabe (also called rapini; sub broccoli florets) - 12 oz, chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Sausage, chicken (preferably pre-cooked; sub any variety sausage) - 1 1/2 lb, casings removed (if applicable) and sliced
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Red pepper flakes (opt) - 1/4 tsp
- Vinegar, apple cider - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Maple syrup - 1 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 3 Tbsp
- Spinach, baby - 4 oz
- Pecan halves - 1/2 cup
- Cranberries, dried - 1/2 cup
- Make dressing - Whisk together vinegar, maple syrup and mustard. Add oil while whisking. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Broccoli rabe / Garlic / Sausage - Prep as directed. Store in separate containers. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and to hot oil, add sausage and saute until golden brown, ~3 minutes for pre-cooked sausage (a few minutes longer for uncooked sausage). Add broccoli rabe and saute until bright green and tender, ~2 minutes (a few minutes longer for broccoli florets). Add garlic and red pepper flakes and saute until fragrant, ~1 minute more.
- Just before serving toss spinach, pecans and cranberries in dressing.
- Serve sausage saute with salad on the side and enjoy!
This meal has 112 reviews
I really like it, but it felt like there was a flavor missing.
Used rigatoni, broccoli florets, vegan butter & added a little extra virgin olive oil at the end (a little too dry prior to the add). Really loved this one, especially for not having a sauce.
Surprisingly good for a paste with no sauce. Loved the breadcrumb mixture.
I used Italian sausage: so good! And non dairy butter- worked nicely I just had to watch it carefully! One of my favorites! Also I'd love to sub boxed penne for freshly made homemade pasta!
I made it without the breadcrumbs and it was yummy! My kids loved it, which is awesome.
Family liked it. Used a chicken Apple sausage and a double portion of frozen broccoli instead of broccoli rabe. Added onion powder and garlic powder, omitted red pepper flakes and reduced oil to 2 tsp of ghee. Wish I had added some white wine or something to make it have more of a sauce. To salad dressing: added 1/2 tsp salt, 2 to 3 tbsp of water, and reduced olive oil to 2 tsp.