Quinoa Fried Rice
with vegan sausage
We've given takeout fried rice a healthier makeover by using protein-packed quinoa and a vegan sausage. Best of all, it doesn't take a lot of ingredients to create this easy dish!
Quinoa Fried Rice with Vegan Sausage:
- Garlic - 2 cloves , minced
- Onions - 1 , diced
- Onions, green - 2 stalks , chopped
- Vegan sausage - 10 oz , diced
- Eggs - 2
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1 tsp + 2 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 tsp + 1 Tbsp
- Carrots and peas, frozen - 10 oz
- Leftover cooked quinoa (from Monday) - 2 cups
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1/2 Tbsp
- Garlic / Onions / Green onions / Vegan sausage - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Eggs - Whisk with first part of soy sauce.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat a wok over medium heat. Add first part of cooking oil and then eggs to heated oil. Tip pan so that egg distributes across the bottom of the pan. Once eggs are cooked through, remove from pan and set aside.
- Return wok to medium-high heat and add second part of cooking oil, and then garlic and onions to heated oil. Saute for ~3 minutes, until aromatics start to soften.
- Add sausage and saute for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Fold in frozen veggies and green onions and saute for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add leftover quinoa (from last night’s dinner), sugar, black pepper, second part of soy sauce, and toasted sesame oil. Toss until everything is heated through. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Slice up egg and layer over fried quinoa. Enjoy!