Quinoa Fried Rice
with vegan sausage
- Garlic - 2 cloves, minced
- Onions - 1, diced
- Onions, green - 2 stalks, chopped
- Vegan sausage - 10 oz, diced
- Eggs - 2
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1 tsp + 2 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 tsp + 1 Tbsp
- Carrots and peas, frozen - 10 oz
- Leftover cooked quinoa (from Monday) - 2 cups
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1/2 Tbsp
- Heat a wok over medium heat. Add first part of cooking oil and then eggs to heated oil. Tip pan so that egg distributes across the bottom of the pan. Once eggs are cooked through, remove from pan and set aside.
- Return wok to medium-high heat and add second part of cooking oil, and then garlic and onions to heated oil. Saute for ~3 minutes, until aromatics start to soften.
- Add sausage and saute for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Fold in frozen veggies and green onions and saute for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add leftover quinoa (from last night’s dinner), sugar, black pepper, second part of soy sauce, and toasted sesame oil. Toss until everything is heated through. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Slice up egg and layer over fried quinoa. Enjoy!
Used beef sausage instead of vegan. Pretty good!0 Helpful
I made this as written except used chicken sausage instead of vegan. Overall the taste was too sweet. I would omit the sugar next time, and also use less onion.0 Helpful
Really liked this. Very simple to put together.0 Helpful
Loved the idea. I really don't like sausage flavors. I'd probably replace with chicken or tofu or another egg.0 Helpful
Loved this recipe. Had it two days in a row. Super quick and easy to make with some left over quinoa. I did substitute chicken sausage for the vegan sausage for 1.) I couldn't find any vegan sausage and 2.) vegan sausage just didn't sound super appetizing to me.0 Helpful
We substituted pork sausage and it was delic.0 Helpful