Roasted Salmon with Pecans
and sauteed mushrooms and greens
Toasted pecans add sweet and spicy crunch to roasted salmon. Serve the salmon over sauteed mustard greens which have a tangy, savory flavor.
Roasted Salmon with Mushrooms and Greens:
- Pecan halves - 1 cup , toasted and chopped
- Mustard greens (sub kale, chard or baby spinach) - 1 cup , stems discarded and leaves chopped
- Mushrooms, any button - 6 oz , sliced
- Garlic - 3 cloves
- Salmon - 1 1/2 lbs
- Maple syrup - 2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Vinegar, apple cider - 1 tsp
- Pecans - Toast pecan halves in a dry pan or skillet, stirring frequently until fragrant, about 3 minutes. When cool enough to handle, roughly chop. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Mustard greens / Mushrooms / Garlic - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Salmon - Rinse and pat dry and place into a parchment-lined sheet pan.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Whisk together maple syrup (the portion for the salmon) and mustard. Season salmon with some salt and pepper and rub maple-mustard mixture over the top. Bake until salmon flakes easily with a fork, 15 to 25 minutes, depending on thickness of the salmon and your desired doneness (1 1/2” / 3.75cm thick salmon will take about 20 minutes).
- While salmon cooks, heat a saute pan over medium heat. Add butter and when it melts, add mushrooms and saute until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute until garlic is fragrant, ~1 minute. Add greens and saute until greens are wilted, ~3 minutes more. Remove pan from heat and stir in vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve salmon over greens and mushrooms. Top with chopped pecans and enjoy!