with chickpeas / bok choy / soft boiled eggs
Ginger miso dressing made earlier in the week creates a rich flavor base for ramen soup. To make this soup truly authentic, top it with soft boiled eggs and eat it with a deep spoon and chopsticks!
- Noodles, dried ramen (sub soba or spaghetti) - 6 oz
- Green onions - 3 , sliced, green and white parts separate
- Garlic - 3 cloves , chopped
- Bok choy, baby (sub thinly sliced cabbage) - 4 , halved and chopped, stems and leaves separate
- Mushrooms, straw (14 oz / 397 g can) - 1 can , drained and rinsed
- Beans, garbanzo (14 oz / 387 g) - 1 can , drained and rinsed
- Limes - 1/2 , wedges
- Eggs - 4
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Ginger miso dressing (leftover from Monday) - ~6 Tbsp
- Stock, vegetable - 4 cups
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 2 tsp
Noodles - Cook according to package instructions. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
Green onions / Garlic / Bok choy - Prep as directed. Remember to keep the leaves and stems of the bok choy separate. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
Mushrooms / Beans - Drain and rinse.
Limes - Slice limes into wedges.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
Bring a small saucepan of water to a low boil. Add eggs to boiling water and boil for exactly 7 minutes (this will yield cooked whites and runny yolks, so boil a minute less or more if you like your eggs cooked differently). Transfer eggs to a colander and run under cool tap water. Set aside until cool enough to peel.
Meanwhile, heat a wok over medium-high heat. Add oil and then white parts of green onions and bok choy stems. Saute until slightly softened, ~2 minutes. Add garlic and mushrooms and saute until fragrant, ~2 minutes. Add ginger miso dressing, stock and soy sauce. Cover and bring to a boil. Add bok choy leaves and reduce heat to a low simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes to allow flavors to develop. Add beans and noodles to soup and simmer just until beans are heated through.
Peel eggs (hold the eggs under cool running water to help remove the peel if needed) and slice in half. Season yolks with a pinch of salt.
Ladle soup into bowls and top with green parts of green onions and eggs. Squeeze lime wedges over soup just before serving. Enjoy!