with mushrooms / spinach / Italian sweet potato wedges
- Shallots - 1 bulb, sliced
- Mushrooms, any button (sub crimini or porcini) - 6 oz, sliced
- Spinach, baby - 4 oz, chopped
- Parsley, fresh - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 lb, halved and pounded thin
- Flour, almond - 1/2 cup
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Marsala wine (sub any dry white wine or stock) - 1/4 cup
- Stock, chicken or vegetable - 1/2 cup
- Lemons - 1/2, juice of
- Potatoes, sweet - 1 1/2 lbs, sliced into fries
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Italian seasoning - 1 tsp
- Condiments for dipping (like ketchup) -
- Shallots - Slice. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Sweet potatoes / Mushrooms / Spinach / Parsley - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Chicken - Halve and thin out with a tenderizer until roughly half as thick. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Chicken - Place almond flour in a baking dish and dredge chicken in flour until evenly coated on both sides.
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C degrees.
- Toss sweet potatoes with oil and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper and spread into one even layer on a dark sheet pan (for better browning). Roast in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, until crispy. Shake once midway through.
- While potatoes roast, heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add first part of oil. To hot oil, add chicken and sear on both sides until golden brown and cooked through, ~3 minutes on each side (do this in batches and add additional oil if your pan cannot hold all of the chicken). Transfer chicken to a plate and return skillet to the heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and add second part of oil. To the hot oil, add mushrooms and saute, scraping up any bits on the bottom of the pan, until mushrooms are golden brown, ~3 minutes. Add shallots and spinach and continue cooking until spinach is wilted and tender, ~4 minutes. When spinach is tender, add wine, and stock and bring to a simmer. Simmer until sauce reduces by half, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return chicken to the pan and spoon sauce over chicken. Squeeze lemon juice over chicken and top with parsley.
- Serve chicken with sweet potato fries on the side and enjoy!
LOVED it - I use a tri-color orzo pasta For this one sometimes0 Helpful
Not great0 Helpful
Didn't have shallots so used a little garlic and red onion. Added a little tiny bit of cornstarch to thicken up the sauce at the end. All in all, very delicious meal!0 Helpful
Doubled sauce and added garlic per recommendation then used cornstarch to thicken a bit. Didn't have Marsala so used sherry. Yummy! Second time I cut breasts into tenders. Much easier!0 Helpful
Skipped the wine and I think that's why it didn't turn out great. Fries were soggy - I just don't know how to get sweet potato fries crispy.0 Helpful
Added garlic with the shallots and garlic powder to the sweet potatoes with Italian seasoning0 Helpful