Maple-Dijon Panko Portobellos
with spinach, pear and pine nut salad
Maple-Dijon Panko Crusted Portobellos:
- Parsley - 3 sprigs , chopped
- Butter - 3 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 1/2 Tbsp
- Maple syrup - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1 tsp
- Panko breadcrumbs - 1/2 cup
- Mushrooms, portobello - 4 , stems removed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
Spinach, Pear and Pine Nut Salad:
- Pine nuts - 1/4 cup
- Pears - 1 , sliced
- Vinegar, balsamic - 2 tsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Mayonnaise (opt) - 2 tsp
- Lemons - 1/2 , juice of
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Spinach, baby - 4 oz
- Pine nuts - You can leave the pine nuts raw for the salad or, if you prefer you can toast them in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently until golden, ~4 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Crust - Chop parsley. Melt butter in the microwave (~1 minute should do). Mix butter with Dijon, maple syrup, soy sauce, panko, and parsley. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Pears - Slice.
- Preheat oven to 425F / 218C degrees.
- Line sheet pan with foil and brush with some cooking oil. Place portobellos top-side down and then divide and spoon crust onto mushrooms. Bake for 10 to 14 minutes.
- While portobellos are cooking, whisk together vinegar, honey, mayonnaise, lemon juice and oil.
- When portobellos are ready, toss vinaigrette with spinach, pears and pine nuts. Enjoy!