Maple-Dijon Panko Salmon
with spinach, pear and pine nut salad
- Salmon - 1 1/4 lbs
- Parsley - 3 sprigs, chopped
- Butter - 3 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 1/2 Tbsp
- Maple syrup - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1 tsp
- Panko breadcrumbs - 1/2 cup
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Pine nuts - 1/4 cup
- Pears - 1, sliced
- Vinegar, balsamic - 2 tsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Mayonnaise (opt) - 2 tsp
- Lemons - 1/2, juice of
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Spinach, baby - 4 oz
- Pine nuts - You can leave the pine nuts raw for the salad or, if you prefer you can toast them in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently until golden, ~4 minutes. If you are going to make the steak salad on Wednesday, toast pine nuts for that dish at the same time. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Salmon - Divide fish up into number of servings you're making. Rinse and dry fish. Lightly salt and pepper.
- Crust - Chop parsley. Melt butter in the microwave (~1 minute should do). Mix butter with Dijon, maple syrup, soy sauce, panko, and parsley. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Pears - Slice.
- Preheat oven to 425F / 218C degrees.
- Line sheet pan with foil and brush with some cooking oil. Add salmon and then divide and spoon crust onto fish. Bake for 12 to 16 minutes.
- While fish is cooking, whisk together vinegar, honey, mayonnaise, lemon juice and oil.
- When salmon is ready, toss vinaigrette with spinach, pears and pine nuts. Enjoy!
Popular every time we make it.0 Helpful
Wonderful flavor. SOO easy!0 Helpful
Doing the Whole30 so subbed balsamic for the maple syrup in both the crust and the salad. Reduced the mustard a bit. Delicious! Crust got a little dark on top so would put it in center rack next time instead of top. Also subbed slivered almonds for the pine nuts. Don't skip the toasting in the pan - yum!0 Helpful
Family Loves it0 Helpful
For a little extra crunch sprinkle some extra Panko over the salmon before putting it into the oven. Superb! :)0 Helpful
I should have spiced the fish a little more, but a clean, simple taste. Yummy.0 Helpful