with butternut squash / kale / black beans
- Onions, red - 1/4, diced
- Tortillas, flour and taco-sized - 6, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Squash, butternut - 1 lb, peeled and cubed
- Kale, large leaves - 2, stems discarded and leaves chopped
- Beans, black (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Cilantro, fresh - 3 Tbsp, chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Enchilada sauce, mild red (10 oz / 295 mL can) - 2 cans
- Cheese, monterey jack (sub cheddar) - 6 oz, shredded
- Sour cream, for serving - 1/4 cup
- Turn on the oven’s broiler.
- Place squash cubes into a microwave-safe pan or bowl. Cover with wet paper towel and microwave on high until tender, ~ 2 minutes.
- Heat large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and to hot oil, add onions and kale. Saute until both onions and kale are very tender. Add enchilada sauce, chopped tortillas, beans, squash and half the cheese to the skillet. Gently stir to combine. Top with remaining half the cheese.
- Place skillet under the broiler and cook until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling, ~3 minutes (watch it closely to prevent burning).
- Divide enchiladas between serving bowls and top with sour cream and cilantro. Enjoy!
Cooked without tortilla for lower carb, can add crunchy tortilla chips to bottom of a bowl if you really need it them scoop the enchilada mix on top. Great with some avocado on the side!0 Helpful
nice and easy. Used spinach instead of kale.0 Helpful
Tasty enough, and pretty easy, but kind of bland. Next time I'd add some spices and use medium enchilada sauce. Added some sriracha to the second bowl and it was LOTS better.0 Helpful
Great and easy. Now I just need to find an enchilada sauce my husband likes better and this recipe is a keeper.0 Helpful
I never knew what was in enchilada sauce before! Cooked the sauce down more and skipped the cauliflower rice.0 Helpful
Made as directed except subbed spinach for kale.0 Helpful