Repurposed Chicken Breast Lettuce Cups
with cilantro lime corn
Lettuce makes for a great low-carb wrap or taco. Not only is this dish healthy, but we make it super fast by using leftover chicken breasts cooked up with classic Tex Mex spices. For the corn, you're not going to ever want to eat corn without cilantro lime butter again! FYI: Cotija is a type of Mexican cheese. If you can't find it, use feta.
Repurposed Chicken Breast Lettuce Cups:
- Lettuce - 8 leaves ((e.g., green, iceberg, even cabbage will work))
- Garlic - 4 cloves , minced
- Leftover grilled chicken breasts - 2 breasts
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp
- Coriander - 1 tsp
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Chili powder - 1/4 tsp ((like ancho))
- Cumin - 1/4 tsp
- Cilantro - a few sprigs
- Avocado - 1 , sliced
- Cotija or feta cheese - for serving
- Lime - 1/2 , wedges
Corn with Cilantro Lime Butter:
- Corn - 4 ears , shucked
- Cilantro - 1 to 2 sprigs , minced
- Butter - 4 Tbsp
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Chili powder - for serving
- Cotija or feta cheese - for serving (~1 oz)
- Lettuce - Peel off until you have 8 "wraps"
- Garlic - Mince. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Corn - Shuck (remove outer leaves) and run under water. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make butter for corn - Chop cilantro and then mash with room temperature butter, lime juice, and salt using a knife. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Leftover chicken - Chop into small bite-sized pieces.
- Take butter out of fridge and let rest at room temperature. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add corn, cover, and bring back to a boil (~3 to 4 minutes). Drain and set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add in cooking oil and then garlic to heated oil. Once you can smell the garlic, add in leftover chicken with paprika, coriander, cumin, and chili powder. Saute until heated through, ~5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread your lime cilantro butter on hot corn and sprinkle with chili powder and cheese. Slice avocado and let everyone assemble their own lettuce wraps and top with cilantro, avocado, and cheese. Enjoy with lime wedges.