Repurposed Chicken Breast Lettuce Cupswith cilantro lime corn
Lettuce makes for a great low-carb wrap or taco. Not only is this dish healthy, but we make it super fast by using leftover chicken breasts cooked up with classic Tex Mex spices. For the corn, you're not going to ever want to eat corn without cilantro lime butter again! FYI: Cotija is a type of Mexican cheese. If you can't find it, use feta.
- Lettuce - 8 leaves ((e.g., green, iceberg, even cabbage will work))
- Garlic - 4 cloves, minced
- Leftover grilled chicken breasts - 2 breasts
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp
- Coriander - 1 tsp
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Chili powder - 1/4 tsp ((like ancho))
- Cumin - 1/4 tsp
- Cilantro - a few sprigs
- Avocado - 1, sliced
- Cotija or feta cheese - for serving
- Lime - 1/2, wedges
- Corn - 4 ears, shucked
- Cilantro - 1 to 2 sprigs, minced
- Butter - 4 Tbsp
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Chili powder - for serving
- Cotija or feta cheese - for serving (~1 oz)
- Lettuce - Peel off until you have 8 "wraps"
- Garlic - Mince. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Corn - Shuck (remove outer leaves) and run under water. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make butter for corn - Chop cilantro and then mash with room temperature butter, lime juice, and salt using a knife. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Leftover chicken - Chop into small bite-sized pieces.
- Take butter out of fridge and let rest at room temperature. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add corn, cover, and bring back to a boil (~3 to 4 minutes). Drain and set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add in cooking oil and then garlic to heated oil. Once you can smell the garlic, add in leftover chicken with paprika, coriander, cumin, and chili powder. Saute until heated through, ~5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread your lime cilantro butter on hot corn and sprinkle with chili powder and cheese. Slice avocado and let everyone assemble their own lettuce wraps and top with cilantro, avocado, and cheese. Enjoy with lime wedges.
This meal has 5 reviews
Didn't have lettuce leaves big enough for wraps, so converted them into a salad. Equally as tasty and less messy to eat! The cilantro lime butter was great on the corn by itself -- the extra chili powder and cheese seemed unnecessary.
The kiddos really liked this! The corn was delicious with the cilantro lime butter.
used red cabbage leaves and added tomatoes, some arugala and ranch. Very tasty!
Loved this one. I put the cheese on my chicken instead of my corn.
Tasty & kids liked it.