Arugula Salad with Farro, Pecans and Brie
with warm apple cider vinaigrette
Using farro made on Monday, this seasonal salad with apples, pecans and brie comes together in a flash. A warm apple vinaigrette adds a sweet, tart finish.
- Shallots - 1/2 clove , diced
- Apple cider - 3/4 cup
- Vinegar, apple cider - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Pecans, halves - 1/3 cup
- Cheese, brie - 6 oz , cubed
- Apples, any variety - 1 , thinly sliced
- Cranberries, dried - 1/3 cup
- Leftover farro (from Monday) - ~1 1/4 cup
- Arugula (sub any dark salad greens) - 5 oz
- Warm apple cider vinaigrette (ingredients listed separately) - ~1/2 cup
In a small saucepan, combine shallots, cider and vinegar. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat and simmer until reduced to about half, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in olive oil and mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
Reheat farro briefly in the microwave.
Toss arugula with farro, pecans, apples, cranberries and brie. Top with warm apple cider vinaigrette just before serving. Enjoy!