Arugula Salad with Chicken, Pecans and Brie
with warm apple cider vinaigrette
Using leftover roasted chicken from Monday, this seasonal salad with apples, pecans and brie comes together in a flash. A warm apple vinaigrette adds a sweet, tart finish.
Warm Apple Cider Vinaigrette:
- Shallots - 1/2 clove , diced
- Apple cider - 3/4 cup
- Vinegar, apple cider - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
Arugula Salad with Chicken, Pecans and Brie:
- Pecans, halves - 1/3 cup
- Leftover cider marinated chicken (from Monday) - 1 lb , sliced
- Cheese, brie - 6 oz , cubed
- Apples, any variety - 1 , thinly sliced
- Arugula (sub any dark salad greens) - 5 oz
- Warm apple cider vinaigrette (ingredients listed separately) - ~1/2 cup
- Pecans - You can leave them raw for the salad or, if you prefer you can toast them in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently until fragrant, ~4 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Shallots - Dice. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Chicken - Slice leftover chicken if not already sliced from Monday night.
- Brie / Apples - Prep as directed.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- In a small saucepan, combine shallots, cider and vinegar. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat and simmer until reduced to about half, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in olive oil and mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reheat chicken briefly in the microwave just to take the chill off.
- Toss arugula with chicken, pecans, apples and brie. Top with warm apple cider vinaigrette just before serving. Enjoy!