Arugula Salad with Chicken, Pecans and Brie
with warm apple cider vinaigrette
Using leftover roasted chicken from Monday, this seasonal salad with apples, pecans and brie comes together in a flash. A warm apple vinaigrette adds a sweet, tart finish.
- Shallots - 1/2 clove , diced
- Apple cider - 3/4 cup
- Vinegar, apple cider - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Pecans, halves - 1/3 cup
- Leftover cider marinated chicken (from Monday) - 1 lb , sliced
- Cheese, brie - 6 oz , cubed
- Apples, any variety - 1 , thinly sliced
- Arugula (sub any dark salad greens) - 5 oz
- Warm apple cider vinaigrette (ingredients listed separately) - ~1/2 cup
Pecans - You can leave them raw for the salad or, if you prefer you can toast them in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently until fragrant, ~4 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Shallots - Dice. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Chicken - Slice leftover chicken if not already sliced from Monday night.
Brie / Apples - Prep as directed.
In a small saucepan, combine shallots, cider and vinegar. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat and simmer until reduced to about half, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in olive oil and mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
Reheat chicken briefly in the microwave just to take the chill off.
Toss arugula with chicken, pecans, apples and brie. Top with warm apple cider vinaigrette just before serving. Enjoy!