Arugula Salad with Chicken, Pecans and Brie
with warm apple cider vinaigrette
- Shallots - 1/2 clove, diced
- Apple cider - 3/4 cup
- Vinegar, apple cider - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Pecans, halves - 1/3 cup
- Leftover cider marinated chicken (from Monday) - 1 lb, sliced
- Cheese, brie - 6 oz, cubed
- Apples, any variety - 1, thinly sliced
- Arugula (sub any dark salad greens) - 5 oz
- Warm apple cider vinaigrette (ingredients listed separately) - ~1/2 cup
- Pecans - You can leave them raw for the salad or, if you prefer you can toast them in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently until fragrant, ~4 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Shallots - Dice. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Chicken - Slice leftover chicken if not already sliced from Monday night.
- Brie / Apples - Prep as directed.
- In a small saucepan, combine shallots, cider and vinegar. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat and simmer until reduced to about half, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in olive oil and mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reheat chicken briefly in the microwave just to take the chill off.
- Toss arugula with chicken, pecans, apples and brie. Top with warm apple cider vinaigrette just before serving. Enjoy!
Super yummy, but I think some different greens mixed in with the arugula would have been nice. All arugula was a bit intense.0 Helpful
This was amazing, and came together so fast with the leftover chicken. We ended up making this for lunch on a snow day and it was such a nice cold weather salad. I put cheese in salads a lot, but never thought to use brie, and it was a fantastic addition with the chicken, apples, and pecans.0 Helpful
Even the 6 year old enjoyed this!0 Helpful
The kids even ate this up. Yum!0 Helpful
The toasted pecans paired perfectly with the warm cider dressing. This was delicious.0 Helpful
I thought it was great. My kids didn't like the cheese but other than that they ate it lol.0 Helpful