Ham & Egg Breakfast Tacos
with roasted sweet potatoes
We all love breakfast for dinner, and these tacos can be easily whipped up any night for a simple, filling dinner. Served up with roasted sweet potatoes, and you've got a healthy, winning combo.
Smarts: We roasted up 2x the amount of sweet potatoes to reuse in a kale salad tomorrow night.
- Green onions - 2 stalks, sliced
- Ham - 10 oz, chopped
- Eggs, large - 8
- Milk - 4 Tbsp
- Butter - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Tortillas, flour, taco-sized - 8
- Sour cream - 4 to 6 Tbsp
- Sweet potatoes - 3 lbs
- Cornstarch - 2 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Paprika - 2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Sweet potatoes - If prepping day of, preheat oven in make step #1 before returning to prep. Peel and cube (this makes enough for two nights of dinners). (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Green onions / Ham - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Eggs - Whisk with milk and some salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Toss sweet potatoes with cornstarch until evenly coated. Then add oil, paprika, and salt and toss through again. Spread out onto your darkest colored sheet pan for best browning (or line a lighter sheet pan with parchment paper) and arrange into one even layer. Avoid overcrowding for crispiest results - you might want to spread out across two sheet pans. Roast for 15 minutes and then bump temperature up to 475F / 246C. Shake and rotate pans and roast for another 10 to 12 minutes at higher temperature, until golden and crispy.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add butter and then green onions to melted butter. Saute until softened, ~2 minutes.
- Pour in whisked eggs and lightly scramble until you get the consistency you like.
- Heat up tortillas according to package instructions.
- Fold in ham and toss until warmed through.
- Spoon eggs, ham, and sour cream into tortillas. Serve with half the sweet potatoes (reserve other half for tomorrow night’s dinner).
Made this using leftover ham and it was a big hit- left out the tortillas and sour cream. My toddler who usually doesn't like sweet potatoes gobbled them up.0 Helpful
left out the tortillas and the sour cream. added hot sauce. cheap and tasty0 Helpful
Be sure to serve when piping hot!0 Helpful
Great breakfast! I would definitely make this again!0 Helpful
Best scrambled eggs I ever made!0 Helpful
I actually only made the sweet potatoes, but they were awesome0 Helpful