Southwestern Beef Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
with oven roasted green beans
- Potatoes, sweet - 4
- Green onions - 3, chopped, white and green parts separate
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cumin, ground - 1/2 tsp
- Paprika, smoked (sub Paprika) - 1/2 tsp
- Beef ragu (leftover from Monday) - ~3 cups
- Green beans - 1 lb, trimmed
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Coriander, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Paprika, smoked (sub Paprika) - 1/4 tsp
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C degrees. Line a sheet pan with foil. Toss green beans with olive oil, ground coriander, paprika and some salt and pepper. Bake, stirring halfway through, until tender and beginning to brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
- While green beans bake, pierce potatoes with a fork. Place potatoes in a baking dish and pour 2 Tbsp (30 ml) of water in the dish. Cover with a wet paper towel and cook in microwave until easily pierced with a fork, 8 to 10 minutes, turning once in the middle.
- Heat an oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add cooking oil and then white parts of scallions (reserve green parts) to heated oil. Cook until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Add cumin and paprika to pan and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Add leftover ragu and cook until warmed through.
- Slice potatoes in half and top with beef sauce and green parts of scallions. Enjoy with green beans on the side!
Really liked this. I will make again0 Helpful
Yummy! Great use of leftovers. Would be a good, simple one-pot meal for company. Enjoyed the green beans.0 Helpful
I love the base of this dish, but the corn bread part needs some tweaking. Every time I make it the cornbread is always like a rock or like a hard dumpling0 Helpful
Added a little extra cumin and chili powder to the sauce to spice it up a bit more.0 Helpful
after reading the comments, I put too much of the cornbread into the pan with too little of the ragu. would have liked more ragu, it was a tad bit dry, but that's what I get for winging it :-) will make this again, and will follow the exact measurements next time.0 Helpful
My husbands favorite meal so far. Next time I think I'll add olives. I wish I would have doubled the ragu to have more tamale pie.0 Helpful