Maple-Brown Sugar Pork Chopswith peach & corn salad
Maple syrup and a sprinkle of brown sugar give these grilled pork chops a beautifully sweet caramelized exterior. You'll love these pork chops even more with a sweet summer salad featuring fresh peaches and corn.
- Pork chops (<1" thick) - 4
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Brown sugar - 1 Tbsp
- Maple syrup - 1 Tbsp
- Corn - 2 ears, kernels
- Peaches - 2, sliced
- Balsamic vinegar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Maple syrup - 1 tsp
- Olive oil - 3 Tbsp
- Mixed greens - 1/4 lb
- Sliced almonds - 1/4 cup
- Cotija or feta cheese - for serving
- Pork chops - Season & tenderize with salt & pepper. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Corn - Shuck (remove outer leaves), shave off kernels and then microwave for 2 to 3 minutes, until tender. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Peaches - Prep as directed.
- Pork Chop Sauce - Melt butter in the microwave. Whisk in brown sugar and maple syrup.
- Divide sauce in half. Brush maple syrup mixture over one side of pork chop and sprinkle with a bit more salt.
- Grill pan directions: Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush pan with cooking oil, and then add pork chops. Sear on both sides for 3 minutes. Lower heat to medium, cover with foil, and cook for another 1 to 3 minutes, until pork reaches 145F (73C) degrees.
- Grill directions: Preheat grill to 400F (204C) degrees, keeping one part on higher heat and another part on lower heat. Clean & oil grates and add pork chops to higher heat part. Sear on both sides for 2 to 3 minutes and then move to lower heat. Cook until 145F (73C) degrees, about another minute or two.
- Let rest for 5 minutes, slice, and then drizzle with remainder of the sauce (that hasn't touched raw meat!).
- Whisk together balsamic, maple syrup, and oil. Season to taste with salt & pepper. For more vinaigrette ideas, check out this video.
- Toss vinaigrette with greens, corn, and peaches. Top with almonds and desired amount of cheese. Enjoy with pork chops.
This meal has 18 reviews
Soooooo good! Made this out of season, so used frozen corn on the cob and green anjou pears instead of peaches. The corn was not as crisp as I wanted, but the pears were a delightful alternative in the salad. I'd recommend less olive oil in the dressing.
Delicious sauce and vinaigrette for the salad. Yum!
This sauce is incredible!! We doubled the sauce and used boneless country pork ribs. Highly recommend this cut of meat because it is so moist. In the salad used less oil and more vinegar for more flavor. Loved the combo of corn and peaches
This was delicious. I used a boneless pork chop. Peaches are in season. Having a fresh ripe peach really made the dish. Sliced the pork chop in thin strips and served it on top of the salad. Sprinkled with feta cheese and Trader Joes sliced sweetened almonds.
Salad was amazing. The sauce on the pork chops was like candy. Yum-o!
Used tangerine slices instead of peaches. Also just served grilled corn on the cob to save time and make the meal look bigger.