Pasta with Roasted Fall Vegetables
and sundried tomato pesto
- Cheese, parmesan - 1/2 cup, grated
- Leftover sundried tomato pesto (from Mon) - ~1/2 cup
- Pasta, any shape - 8 oz
- Cauliflower - 1 head, chopped
- Carrots - 8 oz, cubed
- Onions, red - 1/2, diced
- Eggplants - 1 large, cubed
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 tsp
- Heat oven to 500F / 260C degrees.
- Brush a sheet pan with some cooking oil. Spread cauliflower, carrots, red onions and eggplants on the top. Cover tightly with foil and steam in the oven for 10 minutes. (Watch this video on roasting vegetables at high temps.)
- Uncover vegetables. Pour olive oil and vinegar over the top and season with salt and pepper. Toss with a spatula to combine. Return to the oven and continue roasting until vegetables are tender and caramelized, 10 to 15 minutes more, stirring halfway through.
- While vegetables roast, bring a sauce pan of water to boil. Salt generously and add pasta. Cook until al dente, tender but not soggy. Drain.
- Toss pasta with pesto and roasted vegetables. Top with cheese and enjoy!
I doubled the pesto but left everything else the same. This is one of the best vegetarian dishes we have made. It was hearty and delicious. My husband and I both loved it.0 Helpful
We made a few edits - I was making this for a large group and all the veggies wouldn't fit on the tray, so I sautéed the cauliflower in a skillet (I used frozen). I also added some pre-cooked chicken sausage. The recipe was an add on for me, so the sun-dried tomato pesto with no link to the original recipe meant I just bought store bought. I intended to keep my starch water to help extended it for the number we were cooking for, but I forgot it, so I grabbed some green basil pesto (also in my pantry) and added it. The two pestos worked out just fine, and everyone really enjoyed it. Two people asked me for info on cooksmarts after eating this meal.0 Helpful
Used the sundried pesto recipe from Food Network, since this recipe didn't list it. Accidentally forgot carrots, added ground chicken with Italian seasonings. Absolutely delicious!0 Helpful
Very good with the Parmesan cheese.0 Helpful
Tasty, but heavy.0 Helpful
Use zucchini and broccoli without carrots and roasted everything in a cake pan instead of a baking sheet. Also subbed walnuts for pecans in the pesto. So good!0 Helpful