Repurposed Turkey Bolognese Tacos
with sauteed asparagus
Who doesn't love taco night? We make this easy dish even easier by starting off with our leftover turkey bolognese from last night and cooking it up with some Latin spices. With so much flavor, you'll forget that you're eating something healthy!
Repurposed Turkey Bolognese Tacos:
- Green peppers - 2 , diced
- Taco cheese - 4 oz , grated ((like cheddar, jack, colby))
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp
- Leftover turkey bolognese - from Wednesday dinner
- Coriander - 3/4 tsp
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Cayenne pepper - pinch of
- Tortillas - 8
- Cilantro - a few sprigs
- Sour cream - for serving
- Your favorite hot sauce - for serving ((We love Tapatio!))
Simple Sauteed Asparagus:
- Asparagus - 1 bunch , ends snapped off
- Cooking oil - 2 tsp
- Lemon - 1/2 , juice of
- Parmesan (optional) - 2 Tbsp , grated
- Asparagus - Snap off ends (this is a great kid activity!). (Can be done up to 4 days ahead and then "planted" in water and covered with a plastic bag, just like these herbs)
- Green peppers / Cheese - Prep as directed. This video is for slicing peppers but gives you a good idea on how to prep peppers. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add in cooking oil and then green peppers to heated oil with a dash of salt. Saute until softened, ~3 minutes.
- Add in leftover turkey with coriander, cumin, paprika, and cayenne. Cook until warmed through, ~5 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat a saute pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and then asparagus to heated oil with some salt. Saute for 5 to 8 minutes (depends on thickness of spears), until softened but crunchy. Add a squeeze of lemon juice. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Serve asparagus hot sprinkled with parmesan, which will melt from the heat.
- Heat up tortillas according to package instructions. Let everyone assemble their own tacos and top with cilantro, sour cream, cheese, and hot sauce. Enjoy with asparagus.